Water Cooling....What is the best?

• XDUDE
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Colorado, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

for any,but along the lines of a AMD workstation and or FX CUP's,what is the best water cooling system..

OR is it even worth converting over to it?

my CPU's spend a fair amount of time around 100% usage....
  • ScienceOfSpock
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Las Vegas

Post 3+ Months Ago

For liquid cooling, I think these guys have the defacto standard system: http://www.koolance.com/

A new technology that looks far more efficient is liquid metal cooling. I think they are rather pricey right now, but give them time: http://www.nanocoolers.com/products_cooling.php
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think I just found my water cooler. The Exos2. I wonder how low I can get a CPU to go with that. Wire a peltier plate to the radiator, and crank that sucker up!
  • grimshit
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Wiltshire, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Water + Pelt cooling now is worthless and inefficent for processors. You would need a 220+ Watt TEC to make any difference in temperature over standard water cooling. This also requires an expensive industrial PSU of at LEAST 350 Watt. If i were you i would look into http://www.astek.com they make WaterChill cooling which is simple to put together and very efficent. However i would recomend getting a Vapochill as they have much better cooling potential and can freeze a CPU to -40c.
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

I found the VapoChill finally. I thought it was't available in the US.

Although is waaay too expensive.
  • XDUDE
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

will,all i know is that when i turn my computer off in my room,i go through withdrawals because it is SOOOO quiet.....so i think it is time to get something to cool it off with out as much noise....lol
  • XDUDE
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

sorry about the 2 posts..by browser went on a submitting spree...
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have that problem sometimes. Only at work though.

I've gotton my systems quiet now, although I have a home office I put them in.

I actually made it cooler in there. I found these windows and french doors that have this shade inside the window itself, and they are electric. I got this special shade in there that reflects the heat and dropped it down real cool in there. I also ran a 3rd AC duct from the front of the AC. I also extra insualted the piping throughout the whole house and had a guy come and tweak both Air Conditioners. Went from 75-80 in that room to 71 which is where I set the AC at. And I think my upstairs AC is running 1/2 the time now since that guy came. It used to run constantly to keep it cool in there, now I never hear it running and its always cool.

Now I just have to paint, because I cut holes everywhere that I just patched yesterday.
  • XDUDE
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

I plan on doing something like that for my room and where each workstation is,the render farm has it's own room that is AC controlled....I like my room around 65F to 72F so with just a fan i am keeping them cool but the noise is something i am used to so that when i turn them off or am working on them i really do wig out because of the lack of noise,funny i know but true...that is why i am looking in to water cooling or something because i need to get of my "noise high".....
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the vapochill and actually spent a few hours reading about it. Grim seems to be a huge fan of it. Getting -40'C on a proc would own hardcore, but I can't seem to swallow the price tag. I have SubZero refrigerators that cost that much (not actually sub zero, just the name of the company). Heck, my 3 keg beer meister didn't even cost that much.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts