water poured on my laptop keyboard

• antikceo
  • Born
  • Born
  • antikceo

Post 3+ Months Ago

SOme water spilled on my Delll inspiron 1525 laptop keyboard yesterday morning but i just drained the water out and didnt take it a anything serious. WHen i tried to start it up later on in the day i found that the screen kept blinking repeatedly then eventually turn off. I tried many times and the same thing kept happnin. I was able to start it with safe mode though the screen was still blinkin. I have opened up the back and it is currently upside down under a fan. Could anybody help me out here because i have had this laptop for only 30days.

P.S:There was no spark or smoke or sound when i turned it on.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• moniqu
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • moniqu

Post 3+ Months Ago

The best way to try to fix it is to disassemble it as much as possible and let each component dry individually, but don't put them in the microwave or the stove. It might take a day or two, then assemble it again and try to start it again.

Good luck with it mate.
  • netrider7880
  • Student
  • Student
  • netrider7880

Post 3+ Months Ago

The same problem one of my friend had.he just diassemble it and waited for a day.it worked cool for him.I suggest you to try this and solve the issue.
  • Bozebo
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: 404

Post 3+ Months Ago

it could be that a component itself was shorted at the time of the spill. even if it's off - and working before you turend it off to be safe - then you turned it around to drain the water, that a capacitor (still holding it's charge) was shorted through a moving drip. still - open it as much as possible and allow everything to completely dry because it could easilly be a short that didn't cause permenant damage

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts