Water wreckage issue with a Dell laptop!

• evalia
  • Born
  • Born
  • evalia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop, and the other morning I accidentally knocked over a glass of water on the table before setting the laptop down on the table for TWO seconds (no kidding).

Of course, I took the battery out immediately and then dried the bottom bit, but the computer had frozen up and everything, so I switched it off.

I opened it up, and found the hard drive was a leetle bit wet, so I dried it- that fixed the HD completely, and the computer also turned on. Everything worked except the keyboard and the touchpad felt a little funny, like how it feels when your fingers are kinda wet.

I took the laptop completely apart, and then cleaned it, and I THINK everything else was dry. THe Optical drive, modem, display, W-lan...everything else worked. I don't think the actual keyboard was broken, because when I fitted in another working keyboard, it wouldn't type either. The thing is, when the computer was displaying the menu thing as usual for me to select what operating system I wanted to use, the keyboard worked fine.

Only when I logged in and everything, it wouldn't type. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas to help?
I'm not sure where the keyboard-use bit of the motherboard is located...

:x:

Right now, I'm using another laptop, otherwise I have to rely on an on-screen keyboard and speech recognition ( which is a big pain )
I have no idea what to do! = =
=___=
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Take it to the gas station and try to blow out the water with compressed air. You might think you have it all out but maybe not.
  • evalia
  • Born
  • Born
  • evalia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good idea *muses*

I'm starting to think that it's not the water though...
It was only a really really thin layer of water *frowns*

I will try your suggestion, thanks !
  • deathblade
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: u.k

Post 3+ Months Ago

wouldn't a hair drier be better then a high powered air blower thingy?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts