Other...

What is your screen size???

• psynegy
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • psynegy
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Tell us how big your screen is, we need to know...and no I dont know the name for a flat panel monitor... help me out here...
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Aldershot, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had to vote for other because I have dual 19" TFT
  • theak
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Taipei, Taiwan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Does it matter if they are flat or CRT?
  • psynegy
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • psynegy

Post 3+ Months Ago

CRT Monitors damage your eyes, don't ask me how, they just do. This is a fact no denying it. Flat panel monitors as you don't "Look into" it, it is a lot easier on the eyes. So yes it does matter. And flat panels are much less... big... :wink:
  • Johan007
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Aldershot, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

CRT have more radiation I think, as well as better refresh and little glare from light. Soon they are gonna make screens from LED's..
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like my CRT's thank you very much. Anybody who does a lot of print work (photos, brochures, etc) knows exactly why!

If you don't know, it is because they have a lot better contrast and allow you to see all of the colors more accurately...mainly whites and blacks (towards the ends of the spectrums).

Unfortunately I only have a 15"....lol. Yes...I have THE ONLY 15" CRT monitor left in existance...but it works.
  • ShEDeViL
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I won't switch over to a LCD until I find one that I can run at 1600x1200 for a reasonable price. Even most of the 19" still have a native resolution way less than that. I love my 19" CRT.
  • ScienceOfSpock
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Las Vegas

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a 22" CRT at 1600x1200 and a 9" CRT at 800x600 as a second monitor (It's really cute, and the brand name is Smile, lol)

I agree with Shedevil, I won't switch to LCD, TFT or any other flat panel monitor until they can do 1600x1200 Native or better, with a decent pixel response time better than 15ms round trip. The best I've seen was like 10ms up and 12ms down, which still leaves ghosting. Also, the price needs to be $500 or less.
  • psynegy
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • psynegy

Post 3+ Months Ago

So is there no name for a flat panel monitor? Or is it just a "Flat Panel"? If there is no name I will call it the FPM! (Flat Panel Monitor). :wink:
  • Mars
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Flordia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a 12' on my g4 powerbook
  • ScienceOfSpock
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Las Vegas

Post 3+ Months Ago

12 feet? That's huge for a laptop! What kind of resolution you get with that thing?!?
  • theak
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Taipei, Taiwan

Post 3+ Months Ago

It must eat battery, what kind of battery life do you get out of that or do you rely on an external generator?
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

ScienceOfSpock wrote:
12 feet? That's huge for a laptop! What kind of resolution you get with that thing?!?

theak wrote:
It must eat battery, what kind of battery life do you get out of that or do you rely on an external generator?

hey hey lets be nice to the noobie :) hehe i have a 19 inch CRT and i couldnt agree more with Truce. LCDs are way less accurate, lower refresh rates, which leaves ghosting, and the price is way more !?!?! ill stick with my CRT, even if it does give me brain cancer or somthing.
  • lhuser
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Truce wrote:
I like my CRT's thank you very much. Anybody who does a lot of print work (photos, brochures, etc) knows exactly why!

If you don't know, it is because they have a lot better contrast and allow you to see all of the colors more accurately...mainly whites and blacks (towards the ends of the spectrums).

Unfortunately I only have a 15"....lol. Yes...I have THE ONLY 15" CRT monitor left in existance...but it works.

Agreed. When it's called low radiation, it's not for nothing. My Philips107MB CRT monitor does a very good job for me
  • badz
  • badz

Post 3+ Months Ago

psynegy wrote:
Tell us how big your screen is, we need to know...and no I dont know the name for a flat panel monitor... help me out here...

I'm satisfied with my CRT. Don't have anything to be discontented.
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, since we have a 3 year old thread necro here, I may as well toss in my $.02.

I'm now using 2x 26" Viewsonic LCD's. Great picture quality, great color. Couldn't be happier. However, for people using 2 monitors(comes in very very handy for some Apps), I'd caution against getting 26" or anything bigger. I wish I had gone with the 22 or 24" monitors. 26"'s can get pretty cumbersome when your doing regular tasks with your computer.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts