Whats So Bad About The 5900xt? (nVidia)

  • EliteHunter
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 409
  • Loc: Under Your Bed

Post 3+ Months Ago

For most of my gaming computers i have the nVidia GeForce FX 5900XT 128mb. But i've been hearing a lot of bad things about it. Whats so bad?

I mean i get about an average 80 to 85 Fps In counter Strike source, HalfLife2 etc. (i dont have Doom3. Dont know anything about it)
And in CS 1.6 My fps is 100 to 120. (depends on the map)

And halo i have all the settings on high (including Shadows And AAx4/x 8) Runs Awsome. Super Fast NEVER slows down a bit ( Not even when explosions are every where). :)

So may i ask....What is soo bad??
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av
  • Posts: 1258
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

CS 1.6? i can get 400 easy. set:

fps_max 101
developer 0


all you need is 100. but 80-85 is pretty crappy.
  • EliteHunter
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 409
  • Loc: Under Your Bed

Post 3+ Months Ago

and whats your vid card?
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av
  • Posts: 1258
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

yay 6800 ultra SLI'd
  • EliteHunter
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 409
  • Loc: Under Your Bed

Post 3+ Months Ago

...luky man...but ima gett the dual CrossFire w/radeon x850 soooo

Phhhhhhhhhhhh! :lol:
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av
  • Posts: 1258
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

mm... i dont like ati...
  • EliteHunter
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 409
  • Loc: Under Your Bed

Post 3+ Months Ago

well there better...lol Ask TomK he'll explain why...
like the nVidia GeForce 6800 (Gt or ultra Not sure) vs. the Redeon x850/x800
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av
  • Posts: 1258
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

TomK is a moron, he only gives the farcry stuff, and it is possible they are not even, i could a problem in the screenshot that he posted.
  • EliteHunter
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 409
  • Loc: Under Your Bed

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, why dont you like ATI? Have a reson?

I would edit what you just posted before a flame war starts :lol:
  • TomK
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 816
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

blink182av wrote:
TomK is a moron, he only gives the farcry stuff, and it is possible they are not even, i could a problem in the screenshot that he posted.


Post some facts for once. You have opinions, so back them up with evidence. Prove me wrong with facts before you go calling me a moron.

The reason I chose Far Cry as a good benchmark is because it uses has the ability to push current generation hardware and it doesn't seem to favour either Nvidia or ATi.

Here's some more games that ATi comes out ahead:

Image
Image
Image

The only game I can think of off the top of my head that Nvidia is the leader in (if you forget about the 7800 GTX) is Doom 3:

Image

Here's an artificial benchmark that shows a good comparison between Nvidia and ATi:

Image
  • EliteHunter
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 409
  • Loc: Under Your Bed

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey Tom how much would a "radeon 850Xt AGP" BE?

Also What card in AGP could get me the max FPS (150+) in HalfLife2/CSS?
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1460
  • Loc: markham, ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

6800 over'd
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av
  • Posts: 1258
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

*edit* double-post
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av
  • Posts: 1258
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

blink182av wrote:
mm... i dont like ati...


TomK wrote:
blink182av wrote:
TomK is a moron, he only gives the farcry stuff, and it is possible they are not even, i could a problem in the screenshot that he posted.


Post some facts for once. You have opinions, so back them up with evidence. Prove me wrong with facts before you go calling me a moron.

The reason I chose Far Cry as a good benchmark is because it uses has the ability to push current generation hardware and it doesn't seem to favour either Nvidia or ATi.








STOP ARGUING OPINIONS W/ FACTS -- GOD DAMNIT. I SAID I LIKE nvidia better. I DID NOT SAY NVIDIA IS BETTER. CAN I POST AN OPINION W/OUT YOU BEING ON MY ASS ABOUT IT.. GOD DAMN!
  • EliteHunter
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 409
  • Loc: Under Your Bed

Post 3+ Months Ago

geeze I seee soooommmmeeee FFFFLLLLLAAAAAMMMIINNNGGG :lol:
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av
  • Posts: 1258
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

hehe ... i just dont care for Tom K :)
  • EliteHunter
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 409
  • Loc: Under Your Bed

Post 3+ Months Ago

but hes cool X8 ... lol he knows everything *sarcasim* :lol:
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av
  • Posts: 1258
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

im scared to post about ATi/nVidia now... does he have a criminal record of any sort?
  • EliteHunter
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 409
  • Loc: Under Your Bed

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol lets forget about it and pretend it never happend. :lol:
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av
  • Posts: 1258
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

werd. this is like an IM between us. look how fast :o
  • TomK
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 816
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

You called me a moron for stating the facts. I simply showed you that it is you who is a moron. You can like Nvidia all you want, but that doesn't give you the right to call me a moron.
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av
  • Posts: 1258
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

well, maybe you should let someone have an opinion before fighting about it.
  • EliteHunter
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 409
  • Loc: Under Your Bed

Post 3+ Months Ago

TomK wrote:
You called me a moron for stating the facts. I simply showed you that it is you who is a moron. You can like Nvidia all you want, but that doesn't give you the right to call me a moron.


Blinky you just got.....PWNED!!!

Lol Im not chosing side im just messing around :lol:
  • grimshit
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 303
  • Loc: Wiltshire, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

For Christ sake, both of you STOP ARGUING. All i log onto now is a load of flames from both of you and another AMD Vs Intel thread. Why cant they just sticky mine and have all the discussions there...
  • EliteHunter
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 409
  • Loc: Under Your Bed

Post 3+ Months Ago

:lol: right on Grimy
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1460
  • Loc: markham, ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

he called you grimy
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1460
  • Loc: markham, ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

:)
  • EliteHunter
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 409
  • Loc: Under Your Bed

Post 3+ Months Ago

Lol if i type hin name it does this: *plum*
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1460
  • Loc: markham, ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

eah, someone else onn the board told me that it interprets the name as a swear word and therefore substitutes it with *plum*
  • grimshit
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 303
  • Loc: Wiltshire, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

*peach* *plum* Crap...?
  • Shadow Knight
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 948
  • Loc: Soy Cubano, no puedo ser diferent!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

fight fight fight... jeje you guys are funny :lol:
  • EliteHunter
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 409
  • Loc: Under Your Bed

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its sooo fun loading ozzu to some flameWarz its the best thing about fourms!!!

wouldn't you say?

PS: i really havn't seen your post here that oftin....
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av
  • Posts: 1258
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

he was active a while ago, check out some of the old topics
  • EliteHunter
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 409
  • Loc: Under Your Bed

Post 3+ Months Ago

Lol hello Blinky.
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av
  • Posts: 1258
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

hola, happy 200 :D
  • EliteHunter
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 409
  • Loc: Under Your Bed

Post 3+ Months Ago

OMG! i didnt noteiss
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 1460
  • Loc: markham, ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

gushing schoolgirl conversation ensues
  • EliteHunter
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 409
  • Loc: Under Your Bed

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey "ass monkey" why dont you just be a dumbass and STFU?

:lol: im jp
  • broadbander
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 41
  • Loc: Round Rock, TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

Never really bothered with Nvidia too much. Though I did buy a FX5200 once, but only for triple monitor display for work. It was a PCI card and thus didn't kill the onboard Intel "Extreme"
  • BartAfterDark
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • BartAfterDark
  • Posts: 120

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have the same card. But I don't get very high FPS in many new games (boyfriend 2 demo, Some CS:S maps etc)

I think the Tv-out and the control panel is much better then ATI's.
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av
  • Posts: 1258
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

my friend has ATi. very confusing control panel. everything is somewhere else.

lol
  • MOC
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 490
  • Loc: Ocean City , Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Never bothered with ATI much (were'd I hear that one ,lol)
ATI just doesn't have that * Digital Vibrance * lol
Look 5900XT was ,is a great card . Alot of bios flashing was
done with this card ,more so than others so far . you can still
do most (games ,and video with it ) but the years are showing
or not (people still use Ti 4200) and that card goes down in
history as one of the best .

If you want to lern how to make it better ,this is a great thread
for that purpose ! I always liked the underclocked bios ,cause you
could start low,and go from there .
good luck ,and if you need help ,I will help ya .

Read this thread ,and you will understand how easy it is ,to
get a little more out of your card ,and lower Temps to boot.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php ... adid=85394

And this one :

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29230
  • K-9
  • Born
  • Born
  • K-9
  • Posts: 1

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well personally I think fighting over who is better nvidia or ATI is the stupidest thing you can do, juts like AMD vs Intel etc etc...

New stuff comes out there always beating each other

now generally I hear allot of people say nvidia is better, all the reviews, and all the stores i visit say nvidia is the win.

That does not mean it is since both side have great qualities.

PERSONALLY I like nvidia, but that just me.

I am not going to bother backing my points up with evidence as i have already stated there is no winner and no loser.

If you wanted a contest who has the best card out, its nvidia with the new 7800GTX but as always ati planning on releasing something new the compete with it.

The ever-lasting war tbh


Well i hope i stopped this argument for now

As for the card and people saying bad things.

If it runs all your games very good, *peach* them, you keep using that card and getting good fps in games

(fyi get doom3 its very good)

See, who needs TomK when you have me
:twisted:

Well thanks for listening, peace

K-9

3dmark04: 6400 gfx: 6600GT SLI CPU: A64 venice 3000+ (939)

Post Information

  • Total Posts in this topic: 43 posts
  • Users browsing this forum: islamsharaf1050 and 15 guests
  • You cannot post new topics in this forum
  • You cannot reply to topics in this forum
  • You cannot edit your posts in this forum
  • You cannot delete your posts in this forum
  • You cannot post attachments in this forum
 
cron
 

© 1998-2016. Ozzu® is a registered trademark of Unmelted, LLC.