whats better amd or intel

• nick_27
  • Born
  • Born
  • nick_27

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey ive been told amd is the best processor is it true cuz i have a intel processor and i have 2 buy a new pc and i would like 2 know which processor is the best between those 2?!!??!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• placid psychosis
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Warsaw, IN

Post 3+ Months Ago

o ya dood, intle is the sukz0r!!!!1

First of all, wrong forum. This belongs in hardware. But to answer your question, AMD is better, because it comes first in lexographic comparison. Yeah, one of the most important tests available in processor benchmarks. :roll:

So, yeah, AMD rocks, because they support Linux. And you know, are suing Intel right now.
  • XDUDE
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Colorado, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

this is hardware
  • TomK
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Both processors have their strengths and weaknesses. Most people would agree that AMD is the current-generation leader but the two companies are constantly leap frogging each other.

To find out which is the best for you, look at some benchmarks for the applications/games you use a lot.
  • EliteHunter
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Under Your Bed

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well For me this is a hard Question....Because AMD generates A lot of heat when gaming, overclocking, Etc. And intel Doesnt...sooo But intel's working on there CPU to make 'em better. But if you can keep an AMD cool its the better ( i think )

Lol the first time i saw how hot my AMD(s) Were getting It scard the Crap out of me :LOL:
But later on i learned AMDs run safely ti'll they get around 80*C.
  • XDUDE
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

in keep hearing about this overheating problem with AMD..i dont think i have ever had that problem.....or am i just used to it?my CPU after games is running about 50*C to 60*C......
  • think.correctly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: markham, ontario

Post 3+ Months Ago

eh, doing nothing right now and running at around 50 [on an amd]
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

XDUDE wrote:
my CPU after games is running about 50*C to 60*C......

same here -- but i am extremly worried about my FX55 - so i am getting watercooling.
  • XDUDE
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

thats why i was looking in to water cooling also i have the FX and i want to wait for the big X2's for socket M2 so i was going to overclock my FX for now and wait till the M2 is out....
  • EliteHunter
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

geezz Xdude Whats you CPU fan? Post it so i can buy it..

after i play halo pc or any other games (bout 1 hour or 2) its 70*C +
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av

Post 3+ Months Ago

i assume you need top of the line computer for work?
  • XDUDE
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.zalmanusa.com/usa/product/vi ... 7&code=005

thats what i use.....and then i have 8-80mm fans 1-120mm fans that move air on or around the Zalman heatsink...

i think the hottest i have ever had my CPU is around 70*C after some long hard video rendering....
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av

Post 3+ Months Ago

ah, your render with 3d effects.. now i see why your always buying top of the line... people say you just have money to throw away.
  • EliteHunter
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can i buy it off that site?

(Cool looking fan x8)
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av

Post 3+ Months Ago

elitehunter - xoxide.com :D
  • XDUDE
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

i do, do a lot of rendering..from adobe to Maya...but like i said i am going to get in to water cooling here sometime because i am getting tired of all the noise...but that fan dose great....for me at least..

i got my at microcenter.. http://www.microcenter.com
but that have them at most online stores...like the one blink182av gave you would have it most likely
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeppers. after hours of hardcore gaming my FX-55 is at 57ÂșC. I have not yet used it for rendering movies. I will not get a chance to w/ fans hopefully. XDUDE-what kind of wcing are you gonna get?
  • XDUDE
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.xoxide.com/aquagate.html

that is one that i am looking in to,but i am still open for ideas..i would like to keep it under $500.....but i like that one because it is not outside like some of them.i some times need to take my computer to a job si i need to be able to move it...
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av

Post 3+ Months Ago

i read another thing -- see the forum post Wire Folding for what i am talking about

---------------------------------------------------

that is a nice system, i would get different blocks and stuff tho
  • EliteHunter
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you dont mind me asking... What are you pplz talking about?
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av

Post 3+ Months Ago

we got a little off topic talking about cooling - haha
  • EliteHunter
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol...but really what were you guyz talking about ? "rendering" whats that? (lol im just a gamer)
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av

Post 3+ Months Ago

rendering - how to explain

kinda like coding, but w/ pictures and movies
  • Ishii
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Ishii
  • Loc: Gilbert, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

More accurately, rendering would be roughly equivalent to compiling. Usually when someone talks about rendering it has to do with video, as most audio rendering is able to be done real time now. Basically what happens is you make a bunch of changes to a picture or a video, and you get a low-quality preview of that picture, or a still frame preview of the changes you made to your video. When you get something that you think is right, you render it so you can view it at full quality/in motion.

Rendering has in the past been the most time consuming aspect of video editing, so people throw tons of money into computers to get it done faster. Standard definition video can be rendered pretty fast now, but wouldn't you know it they came out with new technology and we're back to waiting extended periods of time for HD video to render.

Also, rendering can refer to animation like what you see from Disney/pixar/etc. There's a massive amount of 3d work that goes into those and it can take days or weeks to do a final render.
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for that in-depth explaination!
  • placid psychosis
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Warsaw, IN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Render farms are great. One of our 3D animators can't stand working without them now. We spoiled our team on a cluster of Opertons.

But to the first page, discussing heat: AMD processors have a lower clock speed then Intel processors, but they perform more work per clock cycle than Intel, too. This is why they get hotter, and why AMD abandoned the clock speed labeling of thier processors. AMD started to label thier processors according to how they perform when compared to Intel's chips, at the minimal level. Thus Athlon 3200+ runs at a clock speed of like 2.8GHz but it compares to Intel's 3.2GHz systems. At least, that's what it was when they started that line. Anymore it's not that way, I think they label them by processor series.

I've always thought AMD has had the better technology, at least from the 586 up. I never had a lick of trouble with my AMD 486's either, though. Once the Athlon line hit I was really impressed.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 26 posts