when i boot my computer it does not show hard disk

• BrijeshPatel
  • Born
  • Born
  • BrijeshPatel
  • Loc: Toronto

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey can anybody please help me out !!!!! I have a pentium 4 PC having 512 MB Ram . My hard disk was not working so i replaced with my friend's computer hard disk . When i put that hard disk in my pc it states No hard disks found and gives an error after it boots for some time " : ULTRA 133TXZ BIOS is not installed because there are no drives installed " It is a 20 GB hard disk . When i put the same hard disk in my friend's PC it works properly . Please can anyone help me out in finding out the solution . I also tried shifting jumper but it did not work .
  • XDUDE
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Colorado, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

if it is your boot drive,make sure it is set to master...make sure the cable and power cables are pluged in and are snug......

the bios are not installed on your drives,there are mem chips on the motherboard that hold the bios...so if you go into the bios and try setting the hard drive as the first boot drive and see if that works...

Also,try and use a different cable (IDE)...
depending on your board,make sure the IDE is pluged in to the Primary IDE plug and not a RAID IDE plug....

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts