Wierd problem with laptop.

• hyawatha15
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • hyawatha15
  • Loc: Antioch, IL

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had to disasemble it to repair the power connector inside my laptop, which works now, but when i put it back together, the laptop turns on, but the screen is very very dark. I need to put a flashlight on it to see the messege which says the copy of windows is not genuine, but I am POSITIVE that it is MY copy of windows. What could be the problem? Anyone seen this before?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• unstopabl3
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • unstopabl3

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can you provide more detail as to how the problem started and what steps you took to solve them ? As from what i gather is that you opened your laptop to fix the power and ended up frying either your mobo, video card or your hard drive but i could be wrong
  • hyawatha15
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • hyawatha15

Post 3+ Months Ago

fixed the problem, the standby button was pressed down by a wire inside causing the screen to really dim. but now i have a nother problem, the laptop was working fine for about a day and now it wont turn on at all, pressing the power button does nothing. Im guna check another wire to see if its just loose, but in the mean time, what do u guys thing could be wrong?
  • hyawatha15
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • hyawatha15

Post 3+ Months Ago

what can I do to see if anything is fried on my laptop so that i can check to see if that is the problem?
  • unstopabl3
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • unstopabl3

Post 3+ Months Ago

You should be able to see/find about hardware malfunction through your BIOS setup. Try checking there and look at what hardware value is not showing up alternatively i have posted something like this before mayb this will help you out figure out which part is the bad egg

" I would check all of the below mentioned things before i take the laptop to a repair shop. Just go over these things once again to be sure its not something small and silly which you can fix yourself rather than having to spend a lot of time in a repair shop for alot of money

1)if you had installed a most recent hardware and soon after this started happing, remove that hardware and try again

2)remove your video card and then start your comp

3)remove the ram sticks one by one and then start your pc

4)remove all of your harddrives, floppy drives and cd/dvd drives and then start your pc

5)check if the processor fan is spinning, unplug it, clean it a little bit with a hair blow dryer and plug it back again, then start you pc again

6)check if the PSU(power supply) fan is working, if you can, unplug it and clean it with a hair blow dryer and then plug it back in, and start your pc again

7)try to plug in your pc in a different wall socket in a different room, and start your pc

8)if none of the above work i suggest you have an expert pc technician take a look at it, rather then going out yourself and buying a motherboard, and later finding out it was something else "

I hope that helps, keep us updated
  • hyawatha15
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • hyawatha15

Post 3+ Months Ago

well, I cant power up the laptop because when i hit the power button, nothin happens what so ever. I dont think anything burned out because it was working for a day and i put it on standby and it was in my friends car for a while and next day, the problem started. I found ONE wire that isnt connected and it goes from the screen to something. Here is a pic. Image Its the one with the gold head. I checked every where on my mother board (exept for under neith, ill do it 2maro its to late rite now) and i cant find where it connects to. Any help on what it does and if it could be the reasone for not booting up at all? and does anyone know what that colored card is under the cord connected to my motherboard?
  • hyawatha15
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • hyawatha15

Post 3+ Months Ago

bump

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts