pc will not boot up will power up but wont start

• m-27
  • m-27

Post 3+ Months Ago

I bought a new case, and power supply. Put everything in case, power comes on but pc dosnt start. Took ram out, no beep took everything out no beep, am wondering if bios bad or board bad. Board is around two years old, and board unhook from power for about a week. Dont know is say batter is dead and cmos is corrupted or what. Flopy, first couple times would light up but now it dosnt work either. Any ideals would be great. Also i am wondering if anyone has seen some hard ware for testting motherboards, ram and such. Thanks again
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Take the CMOS battery out of the MOBO for a minute or so and replace it and try booting again.
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Double, triple, quarduple, check the power button jumper. I always set this wrong when I get a new case or mobo because they are all a little different!
  • m-27
  • m-27

Post 3+ Months Ago

I put motherboard back into original case with original power supply. Back up and working again. With no probs, any ideals. The power button, would that get stuck loadding before bios I am asumming, since i dont get a beep error whith no ram in place. I could hold button in and pc would shut off.
  • Lefty
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: North Dakota, United States

Post 3+ Months Ago

RAM testers, MB testers etc are pretty spendy. What specifics do you have on the MB and Proc, also is the new case powerful enough to take care of MB/Proc, it 12v hook-up for P4 etc...
  • m-27
  • m-27

Post 3+ Months Ago

the power supply in old case is 350watts the new one is 500. when i put the mother board back into case it worked like a charm. Got beep code errors for no ram and everything. Am wondering could say the motherboard screws not be totaly tight casue a prob. not lose were motherboard could move around and such. I tried using the screws that came with new case and they bottomed out. maybe another turn or two and they would of been tight.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts