Will this ram work in my system?

• sam_spetton
  • sam_spetton

Post 3+ Months Ago

Will this ram work in my Dimension 2400 (533FSB)? Corsair value select ram, part number: VS256MB333.

I don't want to buy it then find out it doesn't work. I have a 256Mb stick in the machine at the moment and its DDR PC2700 - CL 2.5 - 32M x 64. Which is the same as the above Corsair stick. So it should be OK right?

PS: The one I am going to get is found here; http://www.corsairmemory.com/corsair/valueselect.html
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Wild Child
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Wild Child

Post 3+ Months Ago

You would actually be better off calling Dell about that since their systems are proprietary. In theory it should work, but this is dell we are talking about.

WC
  • Tchuki
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Tchuki
  • Loc: Edinburgh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thing with DELL is they tend to only use certain manufacturers products, anything else and the PC just gives you the finger.

don't have a DELL personally but I have been told the RAM they use is just repackages Kingston modules.

As Wild Child has suggested though, your best bet would be to contact DELL directly and see what the system will accept before you go upgrading.

1) Upgrading it yourself may void any warrenty on the machine.
2) It may not work and shaft your machine over ... in which case point 1 will be of major significance.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts