Windows restart.

• twmspro
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ya sure try that and see how it does. What processor it is. you can buy my volcano 12 for amd athlon xp off of me. Wish all connectors and such. The only things used is the pci port controller and the actual heatsink-fan combo itself. Contact me if you want to buy it off of me.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ImmortalDuck
  • Student
  • Student
  • ImmortalDuck

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've used a different program and it shows that my CPU Fan was indeed dead and my temperature was rising to 90 Celcius while playing games. I live in Bristol, connecticut, and I can't find any stores that sell a heatsink fan with sensor for a pentium 4.
  • twmspro
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

ouch..
You can find an awesome hsf on newegg.com
The shipping is freaky fast and I continue to buy all my parts from them. They have some really nice ones for not too much. Check it out.
  • ImmortalDuck
  • Student
  • Student
  • ImmortalDuck

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I've installed a new fan and everything. And I was playing my game for a while, then when I exited out of the game my entire computer crashed and wouldn't reboot. I had to use the button on the back of my PC and restart the computer myself.
  • ImmortalDuck
  • Student
  • Student
  • ImmortalDuck

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bump, this continues to happen to me whenever I exit a game.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not great with hardware, but there's a possibility your power supply voltage is too low, or may have some problems.

In the meantime I'm going to move this to hardware to try to get you better help, since it's becoming quite apparent you are having hardware problems.
  • ImmortalDuck
  • Student
  • Student
  • ImmortalDuck

Post 3+ Months Ago

My friend said it was a software problem and I should do a critical error check, but I don't have my WinXP CD. I Just spent $30 On my new fan and I'd rather not buy anything to be able to fix this. What can I do?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Go to Control panel | Administrative Tools | Event Viewer | System log

Look for errors recorded around the time of the crashes. (Warnings may be helpful there too) I did ask you for the exact error before, but you never gave it. This is where you will find it.

It still could help identify the cause of the problem
  • ImmortalDuck
  • Student
  • Student
  • ImmortalDuck

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=210685

Think that's the one. I'm considering reformatting to fix it.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

No, that wouldn't be it. XP is set to sync up with one of a couple internet time servers at specified intervals. If it can't connect with the time server you'll get that error. That would be unrelated,
  • ImmortalDuck
  • Student
  • Student
  • ImmortalDuck

Post 3+ Months Ago

It just happened again, twice actually, and it recorded no errors at all.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Unfortunately, if it's just completely powering your computer off instantly, it has no opportunity to log an error.

If you go back to January 31st or Feb1st, you mentioned you were getting blue screen errors. Those should have been recorded. There might be something from back then that could help.
  • ImmortalDuck
  • Student
  • Student
  • ImmortalDuck

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wait, I think I found the error.

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=210731

I'm not totally sure but that's when I crashed last.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

ntdll.dll version 5.1.2600.1217 is an SP1 version. Although you've never said it, I assume that is the service pack you are using?

the SP2 version is 5.1.2600.2180 and I believe was revised to correct an exploit. You appear not to be the only one having that problem Seems others are too.

This link seems to suggest the solution is do a "repair" install of XP to correct the problem:
http://www.jsifaq.com/SUBO/tip7100/rh7193.htm

If you do decide to do a repair install, I would suggest you run chkdisk first:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/docu ... hkdsk.mspx

Another option to consider is to try installing SP2

It may be that this is not your only problem, but it certainly looks like it's associated with it.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Added thought. You might also want to run the system file checker utility as well. That might fix the corrupted ntdll.dll file
  • ImmortalDuck
  • Student
  • Student
  • ImmortalDuck

Post 3+ Months Ago

I formatted, installed the latest ATI Driver, and I crash while playing games now. I don't get it, I have a new CPU Fan, latest drivers, and formatted and it still crashes while playing.
  • ImmortalDuck
  • Student
  • Student
  • ImmortalDuck

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bump.
  • monster_en_co
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

since ive got windows xp with sp2 i have intergrated it with the xp cd and i done a full clean format on my machine. When it finished i loaded up windows and i never installed a single driver. My machine runs very very sharp and chrisp now .. my games used to crash before playing half life 2 but now it doesnt. If your out there and have xp sp2 i suggest u do a clean boot and install without no drivers (except ones it asks for to install)
  • ImmortalDuck
  • Student
  • Student
  • ImmortalDuck

Post 3+ Months Ago

I tried installing SP2, but when I did my machine was very laggy and I couldn't connect to the internet. Now I have northgate tech telling me-

---------------------------
These games are to high end for your machine.

This is the reason why your computer is acting the way it is.

Thank you,

HP

----------------------------

While I've been playing these games on this computer for a year now.

Oh, and I don't know if this matters but when it shuts down the red light stays on (I think it's the LED).
  • grimshit
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Wiltshire, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well HP is talking out there "butts", games dont do that if they dont meet the system requirements they just lag and end up looking like a slideshow.

*plum*
  • ImmortalDuck
  • Student
  • Student
  • ImmortalDuck

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I think it's my CPU, while my friend thinks it's my video card. I told him that I don't think a video card could cause computer crashing. Also, before I had my new fan my CPU temp would get to 80-90C Average. Could this have caused damage to it and thus I need a new one?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 51 posts