Wine and Laptops don't mix.

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Particularly if you spill a glass of wine all over it. I know of the other posts on this type of problem, but what I need to know is does anyone know how to get a Gateway laptop open sso I can get things cleaned up inside?

I've removed every screw I can find on the bottom. There's none on the back or the sides. I can get the front popped open about a half inch, but there's something that seems still screwed in near the back that's preventing me from taking the top off.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• 5N4K3
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know about Gateways, but mt Toshiba had the same issue. There was a screw or two under the hard drive. You might need to remove parts such as that.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ther's none under the hard drive - I had removed it. However, that gave me something to go with. I did not remove the Wireless NIC or the Ram, and both of those sit just about where I was feeling it still stuck. I'll give that a go. The only other thing I was thinking was there might be some screws under the keyboard keys. That I'll find out for sure, because I need to remove every key to clean under it.
  • 5N4K3
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Poor laptop :(
I hope it's still working. You are just cleaning it up it sounds like.
You'll find those sneaky screws! :P
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

When I took a latop apart, I had to drill a hole near the monitor to reach a screw.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

blink182av wrote:
When I took a latop apart, I had to drill a hole near the monitor to reach a screw.

*lol -- well, I won't go that far. I just want to get it open and clean it up and do some things I do know to see if I can get it running again. If worse comes to worse I'll send it to Gateway and get them to fix it. That's where it's most likely to end up anyway. Interesting Idea about drilling that hole. Curious how you knew where to drill
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

5N4K3 wrote:
Poor laptop :(
I hope it's still working. You are just cleaning it up it sounds like.
You'll find those sneaky screws! :P

No, it's not working which is why I'm cleaning it up *lol

I have most all of the critical info retrievable elsewhere. There are a few things I'd like off that one though that I didn't get backed up elsewhere recently
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

There was a little plastic cap that I couldn't take out, so I took out my Dremel!
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

*lol It's not owned by me, or i might be temtped to give that a shot. I can see where there may be screws undeneath the monitor, but can't figure out how to ge to them, since the monitor covers them.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

is there little caps where the screen is hooked with the reat of the lap top? if so there is some clips that get to be uncliped and taken off.. under that you will find them darn screws
that what i ran in to a few years back
let me know if it works out

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts