WIRELESS NETWORK KEEPS CRASHING

• Northtexas
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: magave desert

Post 3+ Months Ago

What can I do to maintain a constant speed? my network frequently slows down and I have to repair the wireless network many times to keep it moving.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

How about giving us more detail on your wireless network? Are you talking about a wireless system connecting to the internet or internally?
  • Northtexas
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

a network connecting to the internet. i have a wireless modem connected to one computer, and the others connect wirelessly to the access point. basically, everything will be working fine then suddenly a yellow triangle comes up and says the network will not function properly, then the whole thing just disconnects.
  • Albert_chu
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Albert_chu

Post 3+ Months Ago

are you connecting to a personal modem or a public one?
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wireless modem? Or is it a wireless router/modem. Is there the "wireless modem" and an access point?

Sounds like a definite hardware issue. Have you looked for updated firmware? Does this happen randomly or when you do something specific?
  • X3ndou
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: New Jersey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hm, sounds to me like you're getting interference.

I have two access points in my house. One of them is right next to a 2.4ghz phone base. As soon as someone picks up the phone, or if it rings, my connection dies completely and I cannot find either even with netstumbler.

If you live near someone with a 2.4ghz phone, or if you have a 2.4 ghz phone, try calling it or picking it up and making a call. See if your network dies as soon as you do this.

You can also try getting Netstumbler and picking up the phone while you have that open. If intereference is the problem, you'll see it using netstumbler.
  • Northtexas
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

That is the message my wireless network is getting when I try to join my wireless network at home. its very very infuriating and frustrating,what can i do to resolve this problem that sudenly started about a month ago. six months ago, i had the same problem, and i had to buy a new wireless router to get rid of it. now its back again with its ugly head, and this time, i have to DEFEAT this devil. any ideas?
  • X3ndou
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: New Jersey

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.ozzu.com/hardware/wireless-network-keeps-crashing-t64623.html

It seems as if you have posted of this before.

Read my last response.
  • Northtexas
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

my phone is 5.8ghz
  • Northtexas
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for the phone idea, but my phone is 5.8ghz.unless my neighbors have those phones. in that case, i am in this pissed off mood for the long haul.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts