Wireless Network

• paxy
  • Born
  • Born
  • paxy

Post 3+ Months Ago

My desktop has broadband internet connection. My labtop accesses the internet via a wireless router. My brother's labtop accesses using the same method too. Recently, I noticed that my signal strength on my labtop is low. And within minutes I would not be able to access the internet. After restarting my labtop, it is still the same. Today, I cant even access at all. There is no network connections at all. No device to choose from from the network and sharing center. My brother's labtop is still working fine though. Any idea what could be the problem?
  • lindsay
  • Student
  • Student
  • lindsay

Post 3+ Months Ago

there is some problem in your laptop nic card. your laptop wireless is not capturing the signals so that the signals are dropped.

installed the nic card drivers again.

check the signals from the laptop to the router .increase the signals strength from the router.
contact the computer repair shop to check the nic card of the laptop.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sounds like your wireless card may have died. Is the laptop under warranty? If so, take it back and have them replace the wireless card or the laptop itself.

If not, you may need to buy a new wireless card.
  • lindsay
  • Student
  • Student
  • lindsay

Post 3+ Months Ago

it is confirmed that the problem in your wireless network card . so replace the card if your laptop is in warranty and put it back to .

you can also buy a new good quality wireless card . so you will never face nay problem in the signals.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

When was it confirmed?
  • lindsay
  • Student
  • Student
  • lindsay

Post 3+ Months Ago

before sometime one of mine friend was facing the same problem and he replaced the nic card he got all the signals very well.

before the old nic card the quality of the card is not good and the nic card is not catching the signals properly . so that he did not get the signals.
that's why i told you to replace the card and try with the new card.

you will get the full signals.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts