with all the problems, is it now the motherboard?

• happychappy
  • Born
  • Born
  • happychappy

Post 3+ Months Ago

if anyone can help i'd be really grateful! my acer aspire 5535 decided to give me the black screen and would not boot. i tried the power drain- battery out power cable out and hold power button down. i tried hard reset- same as before just after reseating ram modules. tried reseating hard drive, connecting to monitor, you name it. i now know it is not the screen, fan, hard drive, ram or cd/dvd drive. i took out the bios battery and that did not work either.
however, i now have another problem. the bios battery had come loose, and in trying to replace it i forgot to take out the battery, and it slipped back on motherboard causing a spark. needless to say i knew it wouldn't be good news, but now there is no power at all- from battery or power cable. have i fried the mother board? is there any way this could be fixable without replacing mother board etc??
thanks to anyone who can give me the smallest bit of advice!!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/ ... 41858.html

Read the second post.
  • happychappy
  • Born
  • Born
  • happychappy

Post 3+ Months Ago

removed the cmos battery, but no luck, in trying it second time i didnt replace it properly causing it to slip back along mother board when i reopened to replace it. now it not turning on at all i'm thinking it's the motherboard fried?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts