My Pc Won't Boot Up..

• albin
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just bought and installed a new 500w Power Supply.
My components in PC are just Asus P5 Motherboard, 40G Samsung HardDisc, 1 Floppy Disc Drive, 1 Samsung CD Driver, so I believe that 500w power supply is too much for my pc and I will not experiencing any shortage in power.

I also recently clean my heatsink and I noticed that the thermal paste is already drying up. Is this the reason why I can't boot up my pc?

When I boot up my pc it suddenly turn off when loading windows. I try to clean the ram and check all connections and make sure that everything is properly installed.

Is it ok to share one power line from the powersupply for my hard disk and cd rom..does it have anything to do in booting up my pc..The reason that I share one powerline beacause the other power line has different pin. Thanks in advance
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

It could be a bad power supply or your RAM may have gone bad.

Try booting up without connecting power to the CDROM or floopy just to verify that it isn't them shorting something out.

If you took the heatsink off of the CPU, you really should wipe it all clean and put some fresh thermal paste on it.

HOpe this helps
  • albin
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks! jflynn!

You're right. I try to put new thermal paste on the heat sink and everything works fine. Thanks again for the advice. Have a nice day. =)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts