wow, some help would be really cool

• jungo
  • jungo

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have no where else to look so here i go.....i have never had problems in vent or TS ever while on this computer until recently me and people from WoW decided to change vent servers, no biggie, but the old vent was set at some quality of 44 khz and this new one was set at 11 khz, so i should have no problems talking in it right? well i talk alright but whenever i talk all i hear is people screaming and pleading for me to stop talking because they get this horrible static/feedback whatever, now keep in mind i had no problems in the old vent and still have no problems in old vent. So me and a techie in our lil group went and downloaded this codec that i didnt have that the server had, bam, it worked for a night, late night might i add, next day like around 6ish i get on and talk, more screaming cuz of the static...so now my problem is that sometimes i can talk and no static which tends to be late night, and usually i cant even talk but its ONLY on this vent......ive even went out and bought a new mic, no help there....any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated... sound card is brand new too
  • blink182av
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • blink182av
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please provide the type of microphone/soundcard/OS/codec name.

Vent ftw !~ ^__^
  • jungo
  • jungo

Post 3+ Months Ago

soundcard- Sound Blaster Audigy SE

Mic- Altec Lansing AHS322 (some cheapo)

OS- windows XP home

downloaded microsoft GSM 6.10 codec i believe or the ACE codec package that had that in it
  • jungo
  • jungo

Post 3+ Months Ago

any ideas maybe? ive tried just about everything that i can think of and what other people have suggested and still no winners yet
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I can tell you that I've had this problem before. I turned out to be an IRQ problem between my motherboard and sound card.

What I suggest to you is, if your motherboard has onboard sound, take out your sound card for a couple of days, and try using your onboard sound. If the problem is gone, it's probably because there was a problem assigning priority to your sound card. If that's the case, you may want to look at purchasing a new mobo/sound card.
  • jungo
  • jungo

Post 3+ Months Ago

i do have an onboard sound card but idk what happened to it really, im not too terribly computer smart but if thats the case then why would i work in every other vent channel perfectly and all of a sudden just this lowered quality server i static?
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm sorry, your mic works flawlessly in other vent servers all the time?

If that's the case, hmm I may have to research more.
  • jungo
  • jungo

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes thats what is weird, my mic works perfectly in other vents and this is the first vent ever that has had this problem especially when its only this one server.......if you do find out what the problem is however i would be extremely relieved cuz i cant talk or really do *plum* to help out without vent cuz no one pays attention to in game type........
  • jungo
  • jungo

Post 3+ Months Ago

woops didnt realize you couldnt cuss but i found something very strange, late night last night i was able to talk just fine and now today during the day i am once again unable to talk due to static, i am very confused........ just bought a completely new headset too, static still.....

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts