x1600 pro gfxc card

• limbo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • limbo
  • Loc: Pitcairn Island

Post 3+ Months Ago

Welll I just bought this graphics card and everything is fine. But when I use the online drivers from the ATI website the graphics card makes no signal with the monitor, which is a "CHIMEI CMV946D". However if i use the stock drivers that came with the graphics card everything is fine, only when I update the drivers does the monitor get "no signal"; so the screen is completely black besides the "no signal" notice. I know that it is the online drivers because I rebooted my comp 3 times! And the no signal only happens when I install the new drivers. Before you say the old drivers are conflicting with the new one, the 2nd time I robooted I didnt use the factory drivers instead I just went straight for the online catalyst suite, but the same "no signal" massage came up.

Right now Im using the stock drivers and everything is fine (running CS source on high etc). Im hessitant to reinstall the online drivers cause ?I dont want to spend hours more rebooting my computer. Is this because of ATI's faulty drivers or is it a fault on my part?

Just to clarify, it is only when I use the online drivers does my graphics card send no signal to the monitor, when I use my stock drivers everything is fine.

Eager for help!

thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is there also a video chipset on the mother board that could be causing the conflict? What's wrong with using the drivers that came with the card?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts