XBOX problems

• david murphy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • david murphy

Post 3+ Months Ago

I haven't used my XBOX in about three months, last time I used it it was giving me disc read error/ dirty disc. I was able to use after a couple tries. I placed a new game in and the same prompt came up, but it wouldn't play. I checked the disc and it was scratched - the game was new out of the wrapper unblemished.
I looked up the problem but didn't find much.
Any ideas / fixes? :?
  • hyawatha15
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • hyawatha15
  • Loc: Antioch, IL

Post 3+ Months Ago

its most likely the lens on the drive of the xbox. what you could do is go to http://www.xbox-scene.com and post something there and they will be happy to help ya.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

get a lens cleaner
  • david murphy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • david murphy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Tried the lens cleaner, and the forum states that could be more of a problem than a solution. They recommended replacing the laser drive - for the price of the drive and S.H., and no guarantee its not worth it. Looks like I can get a new one for $130.
  • Jepps98
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Umm, not exactly sure...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just clean the lens. xboxscene told me the same thing. They just want you to buy something
  • hyawatha15
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • hyawatha15
  • Loc: Antioch, IL

Post 3+ Months Ago

LOL, why would xboxscene want someone to buy something? (Correct me if I'm wrong, but) They dont sell things so they wouldnt make any profit telling someone to buy something.
  • rito147
  • Born
  • Born
  • rito147

Post 3+ Months Ago

My Original Xbox loads and plays games well, but after approximately 10 minutes of play, the system starts to make a high pitched banging sound as though something is being picked up and dropped repeatedly. I can play through the sound, but when it reaches a cut scene or a save point it locks up. I don't know if it is a CD Drive problem or Hard Drive problem. Has anything like this been reported?
  • djkirk317
  • Born
  • Born
  • djkirk317

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've had my Xbox for abot 2 years and i've had every problem you could think of..i'm on my third Xobox in just over a year..now it's just freezing up even when i put in brand new game..i give up..i can't take this anymore...I HATE MICROSOFT!!!! for this junk they put out

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts