Your advise

• Shadow Knight
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Soy Cubano, no puedo ser diferent!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can anyone please tell me what is the best (in your opinion and personal experiense) NAS out there, that has 2 - bay HD and a 10/100/1000 Lan speed?

:twisted: :D
Thank you
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Shadow Knight
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

anyone?
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Never used it but DLink has a 2bay NAS that may be right up your alley.
http://www.dlink.com/products/?sec=0&pid=509

Or you can try Webietech. They are a tad on the expensive side, but their stuff is awesome. However, I am unsure if any of it is NAS.
  • Shadow Knight
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you GT500Shlby. I was reading some reviews about the D-Link NAS, but there were a lot of costumers complaining about them.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductRe ... 6822155003

I wasnt able to find any Webietech NAS

Again Thank you
  • GT500Shlby
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've read the complaints. Most of the complainers need to be beaten in the head with a Clue-by-Four (tm).

You have to take most praises and complaints with a grain of salt because there are some very, very stupid people on this earth and you have no idea of the technical aptitude of a person that is posting a particular comment.

With that said - I have myself, not used this device.

I have mixed feelings about DLink products. I used to be all DLink and then hit a bad patch which a few bad products and some worse customer service. Now I am also spoiled with having enterprise class products at work, and the enterprise class support. Where if something breaks - its replaced in 4 hours or less. That doesn't happen in the consumer world.

I wouldn't buy a home NAS anyway. Since I now have that Win 2k3 R2 Standard server as my firewall and gateway, I might put in a PCI-Express SAS card in it and hook it to a DAS Array. Get a nice 4 or 6 drive SAS/uSATA enclosure with some 750GB SATA drives in a raid 5 with a single hot spare. Then have the server handle the file sharing. As for FTP and the like - I use FileZilla Server. You can't beat it. It's fast, secure and a cinch to set up. And its FREE.
  • Shadow Knight
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sounds good.... I myself like Dlink as well, but Im afraid of going technical issues, I'll probably end up buying thet Dlink NAS.
thanks for your help

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts