33,000+ members since August 2006 launch - please help

• potspace
  • Born
  • Born
  • potspace

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys, I think this site looks great.

I run a site for people 18+ and launched it in August 2006. Within a couple of months of launching we exceeded our shared hosting capability. We moved to their dedicated and instantly maxed it out. We moved to an Aplus dedicated server which was a dual xeon system. This is what the site is on now, and sometimes the site will become unresponsive due to the server load. I have a feeling that it is not only because of the growing number of users, but also because of recent enhancements to our script.

Currently the dual xeon server has 2mb ram and a 100Mbit connection I'm told.

Before we made some enhancements, I saw the site near 100 logged in users online at once. Now when we get to around 60+ it seems the site loads slower and if we get to 70 or 80 good luck doing anything because of page time outs, etc.

If I login to my plesk admin panel I don't know if there is a way to specifically see which processes are using up the most resources. Does anyone know if there is a way? I know in cpanel on a prior server, I was able to see these things easily.

My programmer is moving us to a new Dual xeon processor server with 4mb ram on an OC-45 connection. I'm afraid that after the move we may still experience the same problems.

Unfortunately we have yet to launch any sort of big money making ventures with our growing member database, so funds are somewhat limited, although we're currently spending $375/month for the dual xeon managed server.

I'm not even exactly sure what to be asking, but if you get the idea of what I'm trying to say, and have a suggestion or think you can help, please chime in. :)

My programmer sent his invoice for the parts for the new dual xeon server, and between all the parts including 6 gigantic hard drives and 4GB of memory, he spent $2,000 on the new server.

If we move to the new server and see the same results, what should be the next step for us? Should we get a 2nd server? I apologize for sounding so clueless, but I really am more clueless than I'd like to be on the subject.

Thanks in advance everyone.

Chris
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Alexey
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Alexey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Get a world class programming audit i`m pretty sure your script is lacking somewhere. Try getacoder.com, or the forums, i`m pretty sure someone could improve your performance by at least 30 % in a few hours time.
  • photongroups
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • photongroups

Post 3+ Months Ago

We give Power Shared hosting for u at low rate to meet ur cabability.

We have 24 sever with 100 mbps net connection having triple power supply from 3 different power stations,UPS for 48 hours and diseal Generator- 2 so power is not a hurdle.Our server with total space 100 crore Gb or Tetra GB space located at Texas USA.

We can offer u unlimited hosting with unlimited transfer from our 24 servers so load is reduced also unlimted space.So it will suit u a lot.

please send the quote at wht price u need this hosting?The price is left to u ut it should be correct.

Mail us at photongroups@yahoo.com or info@photongroups.com
  • VIVIDHOS
  • VIVIDHOS

Post 3+ Months Ago

I suggest doing what Alexey stated. There is something that is not right with your script, there is no way you should even be close to maxing out your current server. Go to getacoder.com or rentacoder.com. This is going to be imperative if you going to have you business grow larger than it currently is. Its all about efficiencies, if your script is as efficient as it possibly could be then you would not be having these problems. What type of site is it exactly and what are they doing on the site that would require such enormous server load?
  • photongroups
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • photongroups

Post 3+ Months Ago

We have 24 sever with 100 mbps net connection having triple power supply from 3 different power stations,UPS for 48 hours and diseal Generator- 2 so power is not a hurdle.Our server with total space 100 crore Gb or Tetra GB space located at Texas USA.

We can offer u unlimited hosting with unlimited transfer from our 24 servers so load is reduced also unlimted space.So it will suit u a lot.

please send the quote at wht price u need this hosting?The price is left to u ut it should be correct.

• rllunzmann
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • rllunzmann
  • Loc: Wisconsin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow, might i ask what resources your currently using? When you say "page time-outs/page not displayed" perhaps its an Apache overload at the time? Your on a server with hefty specs, i'm am interested to hear more about what type of resources your site uses, such as databases, scripts, file sizes, etc.

Best Regards,
Ryan Lunzmann
eMonsterhost.com
  • photongroups
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • photongroups

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts