Advertising gone mad? godaddy.com & the superbowl

• davenewt
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm surprised not to find any mention of this on Ozzu.... so, what do ye all think?

http://brandautopsy.typepad.com/brandau ... dy_no.html

I was considering them as a host, now I'm not so sure if they're still going to be around in 6 months!?

Discuss... :)

Cheers,
Dave 8)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Interesting. I thought godaddy was a household name, like Q-tips. Speaking of Q_tips -- I never see ads for them anymore, but still see and buy the product. 'nuf said.
  • davenewt
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Interesting reply ATNO,

:? Is godaddy really that much of a household name over there, or is it just that it's well-known in the business, and not to 'average joes'?

If it really *is* a household name over there, why bother spunking away so much money on one 30-second commercial, when they could use the money to build the brand elsewhere (e.g. Europe) where they may not be as well known. Or, as the article says, plough the money into offering better services for their customers like amazon.com have done...

(I know, you could argue 'so why are Pepsi and Visa spending so much money if they are already a household name'... but they seemingly have the money to burn, whereas godaddy...? is it really *that* well-off?)

On the plus side, their tech support email seems to be effective. Emailed them with a bunch of questions last night and had a reply this morning [that's the good thing about living in a different time zone - you guys work while I'm asleep :) ]

Q-tips aren't really a household name over here either ;)

Cheers,
Dave 8)
  • Snerdey
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I find goooodaddy hard to navigate a bit. It was almost impossible to get a clients name server changed. But, once we finally got thru to a human it was done.

I have ran into this same thing before. Seams like host are trying to control what is not theres to control.. it's our web-sites. We should not be limited too much.

I wonder.. if a host has 1000's, and 10,000's of customers.. do you really feel that they have your best interest or is it just another ship for a executive to play with each time they pass 1,000 more.

Humm, go figure.. the food always taste better at moms and it's never too crowded. If they have an 800 number and 24 hour support and answer you at 3:30 am . . give them a chance.

Might wanna call it .. goGramps!
  • morphine
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • morphine
  • Loc: Pennslyvania

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
Interesting. I thought godaddy was a household name, like Q-tips. Speaking of Q_tips -- I never see ads for them anymore, but still see and buy the product. 'nuf said.

I thought it was a piece of candy?
  • Jako
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Jako

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
Not even close man, godaddy is know where near being a household name. I bet if you did a random servey, 6/10 people wouldn't know what godaddy was.
  • Daemonguy
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Somewhere outside the box in Sarasota, FL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Morphine,
Please fix your signature banner to comply;
http://www.ozzu.com/announcements-rules/ozzu-rules-and-regulations-t697.html

Thanks.

Cheers.
  • websiteunited
  • Born
  • Born
  • websiteunited
  • Loc: New York, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey,
Well, their support is a bit slow let me say. Took me 15 minutes on hold to get support for something as simple as a domain name.
  • SpooF
  • ٩๏̯͡๏۶
  • Bronze Member
  • Loc: Richland, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

that has been the first time i have seen a domain ad on tv and like the seconds hosting related ad
  • darkermoon
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Riverdale, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

websiteunited, your sig does not conform to the rules - http://www.ozzu.com/announcements-rules/ozzu-rules-and-regulations-t697.html .

My opinion on this is that Godaddy is a well known name amongst the people that make or host websites.. not your average person. Any person that does any research about DNS will at least have heard of them.
  • SSH-Raj
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

i never use godaddy i have an account there but i always like namecheap better... just my say
  • Jako
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Jako

Post 3+ Months Ago

SSH-Raj wrote:
i never use godaddy i have an account there but i always like namecheap better... just my say
Same with me, I have one account no godaddy, but like 10 on namecheap. 8)
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

darkermoon - please leave the moderating to us, it's already been taken care of. ;)
  • darkermoon
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Riverdale, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

UNFLUX wrote:
darkermoon - please leave the moderating to us, it's already been taken care of. ;)
sorry, guess i'm overly-hyper rule-obsessed. Anyways, I won't do it any more. just trying to help but guess i've kinda been a pain in the a**. :P

:I'm assuming that you know I'm talking about websiteunited and not morphine.. bec. I know you already posted about that.. such as the sig is still too long.. oh god, I'm doing it again.. I'm really stopping now.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 14 posts