Alright. I'm really stuck with mySQL now.

• SymLink
  • Born
  • Born
  • SymLink

Post 3+ Months Ago

Look, I installed mySQL 4. Everything was fine until it just randomly started to bitch about my computer not having priviligies to log onto the server.

I solved that by placing my computers network name on the servers grant list. Now, two days later it's back again. I haven't even touched the admin area since then and no matter how much I try and put priviligies for my computer it does not work.

I've tried network names, IP's, @%, *.*.*.* and EVERYTHING but to no avail. So my question is; is this a bug in the windows build of mySQL4?
Should I switch to mySQL3? Should I honestly change O/S?

Please give me any honest opinions on what you think might be the error. I need as much performance as possible as my database is used for a gameserver.

Thanks for any input you may give.

Sincerely.
Stefan Lundmark
  • conorific
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's a good question, one that I don't know the answer to, but this should probably be moved - it doesn't belong here.
  • SymLink
  • Born
  • Born
  • SymLink

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry, I thought it did. WebHosting and such.. but thanks for reading through my questions. :) Hope someone else has the answers.

Moderators feel free to move the thread as you see fit.
  • conorific
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

No, it's fine. Thanks for understanding...if there were more of you around here, OZZU would never have a problem! ;)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts