Annual billing or monthly?

• boilingpoint
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Which is recommended?

I am to get a hosting account from a company, which seems to be good for me, but I got to know that another company is offering annual billing for very low cost making certain economy, as with the first I would have to pay about five dollars per month, while the other gives account for ten buck a year...

Will you choose annual billing, providing both companies are stable and experienced?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Daemonguy
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Somewhere outside the box in Sarasota, FL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Generally, when you 'pre-pay' the entire year, you are afforded either price breaks or some other incentive (such as additional help desk calls, bandwidth volumes, etc.).

I would pay the entire year. Course, I would pay for several years to more greatly enhance my ROI on a month to month basis.
  • awatson
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • awatson

Post 3+ Months Ago

The worst case scenario is there's something wrong and you need to stop hosting with them. Ask them how that works - do you get refunded for unused time? Regardless, the costs you're talking about are low enough, you're not going to lose much either way.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I prefer monthly and I like to stay a month ahead.

Actually, I prefer annual billing for the reasons Daemonguy brought up, but monthly has worked better for me.
  • ozcanton
  • Born
  • Born
  • ozcanton

Post 3+ Months Ago

Daemonguy wrote:
Generally, when you 'pre-pay' the entire year, you are afforded either price breaks or some other incentive (such as additional help desk calls, bandwidth volumes, etc.).

I would pay the entire year. Course, I would pay for several years to more greatly enhance my ROI on a month to month basis.

I usually pay annually as well, and I've been quite happy with doing this. There are always price breaks, and then I don't have to think about payment for a year either.
  • funnyface
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • funnyface
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Annual is more stable. Make sure that host has no penalties for stopping membership, and go ahead. The good conditions billed yearly are offered by //removed, which I know from the own experience top be good.
  • joice
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • joice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sometimes annual billing can be more profitable then monthly. Like when companies offer lower price for twelve months at once, and companies which are making each month in average cheaper.
Moderator Remark: Removed hosting company name; the OP didn't ask for you to spam hosts
  • dopanel_com
  • dopanel_com
  • Loc: china

Post 3+ Months Ago

Don't take more focus on the price,but the hosting's features.And the review of their customers.
Just choose the better one even its plan is not cheapest.
  • Ofario
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Ofario

Post 3+ Months Ago

Depends on what company are you going to use. It should be stable enough.
  • Unnamed

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Depends on what company are you going to use. It should be stable enough.

I agree. For example, there is a company which is operating for several years and offers only annual billing - they should be considered as reliable and can be chosen. But if the company appeared yesterday and offers you to buy a plan for year or two - it would be better to avoid, however, not always.
  • boilingpoint
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks.. The topic is pretty helpful. Thanks mods for watching it!

I have made a concurrent research about annual billing and came to a the same conclusion, as it is stated by Unnamed - the company should be experienced, and knowing dayana host is, I think getting their annually billed account is a correct step.

Once more - Thanks everyone.
  • rantized
  • rantized

Post 3+ Months Ago

The cost of hosting is so cheap that it doesn't really make sense to buy on a month to month plan for budget hosting anyway. Plus, you don't have to worry about any billing stuff, setup fees and it usually comes with added features.

Plus a lot of the hosting companies these days are going that route. I find it a lot easier.
  • JIMLAPS
  • Born
  • Born
  • JIMLAPS

Post 3+ Months Ago

RANTIZED, U R RIGHT
BUT ALWAYS THERE R HOSTING SITES THAT MAKE BETTER OFFERS FOR LONGER DURATION
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

It would be nice if hosting companies credited monthly plan holders with the difference once a year wouldn't it ?
  • tymes90
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • tymes90

Post 3+ Months Ago

As long as you plan on keeping the site for a while sign up for the year. If this is just a testing site go for the month membership.
  • visio
  • visio

Post 3+ Months Ago

try to find reviews about the company, if it is ok then no problem go for the annual but if it is a new company or very bad reviews monthly is saver.
  • Hsekhar
  • Hsekhar

Post 3+ Months Ago

If the company has good reviews and is a famous one go with the annual plan. Most of those companies offer big discounts for annual plans.

And ten bucks for a year hosting?? Make sure you are choosing the right one before the sign up. The headaches you get with most of those cheap hosts are not worth your time.
  • kumarsaran
  • Born
  • Born
  • kumarsaran

Post 3+ Months Ago

Annual is better but look for money back guarantee clauses. In hosting people used to move and and come in so often initially. If the hosting company service is not good, you may have to.

check their specialty before getting in to one year plan
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

I still like to go monthly. I keep myself a month ahead now though so I have a whole month to realize I forgot to pay the hosting bill.
  • Blackwood
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Blackwood

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can see the arguments for both types of payment plan. Personally i always go down the annual route. Although this is just to get the thing out of the way for another 12 months. Problem is, when you have a few sites you end up getting these invoices on a regular basis.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 20 posts