any good software that will stop the spam?

• av1972
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • av1972
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have a Ensim software running on a dedicated server using Mail Enable Professional as email system.

anything that you recommend in order to stop spam?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Uncensored-Hosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

I did not like Ensim and it seems they have not gotten any better ... especially if they do not offer Spam Assassin? Switch to a cPanel host.

av1972 wrote:
i have a Ensim software running on a dedicated server using Mail Enable Professional as email system.

anything that you recommend in order to stop spam?
  • rDolay
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • rDolay

Post 3+ Months Ago

SpamAssasin must be configured by adding some more RBL...
There is also a reject mail list option at Ensim.
It will take some time but collect every IP from the spammers emails header and list them to this "reject list"
This is kinda hard job but the best way to prevent targeted spam.
  • Uncensored-Hosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's not true. SA does not require any additional RBL configuration. It is however an option. The end user can enable it and rewrite of the subject from their control panel. Then set the email filter to discard any mail tagged as SPAM. I as well cPanel/SA recommend end users increase the threshold level from "5" to "10". Then use their email client for fine tune filtering. Reason being that the email client will dump anything filtered into your trash folder. While anything discarded by SA/cPanel will be lost forever. Obviously the former allows you to peruse the trash folder before final deletion. Yet any blatant SPAM scoring 10+ will never reach you.

dolay wrote:
SpamAssasin must be configured by adding some more RBL...
There is also a reject mail list option at Ensim.
It will take some time but collect every IP from the spammers emails header and list them to this "reject list"
This is kinda hard job but the best way to prevent targeted spam.
  • rDolay
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • rDolay

Post 3+ Months Ago

Uncensored-Hosting wrote:
That's not true. SA does not require any additional RBL configuration..

There are wide option to choose to prevent spam or may try to do them all and ofcourse this will have an additional costs too like banning normal e-mails, killing all server resources..
According to the situations the needs are changable according to the abilities, i just suggest my 5 years of experiences for this Ensim question.
  • Uncensored-Hosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

We agree that their are many options Dolay. However options are not requirements. Additonally you have mistaken my comments as applicable to Ensim? They are not. I was referring to cPanel. I have not used Ensim in almost three (3) years and I hated it then. I suggested the TS abandon it and switch to cPanel. Furthermore not having to do additonal RBL configuration in cPanel would be another reason to dump Ensim for cPanel.

dolay wrote:
Uncensored-Hosting wrote:
That's not true. SA does not require any additional RBL configuration..

There are wide option to choose to prevent spam or may try to do them all and ofcourse this will have an additional costs too like banning normal e-mails, killing all server resources..
According to the situations the needs are changable according to the abilities, i just suggest my 5 years of experiences for this Ensim question.
  • av1972
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • av1972

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am trying a new package called MEFilter which is Anti ~Spam/Content Filter/Message Management software which has been designed specifically for Mail Enable. It is freeware and there is an active forum for it at http://www.mefilter.com where people seem to have been using it with success.
  • av1972
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • av1972

Post 3+ Months Ago

av1972 wrote:
I am trying a new package called MEFilter which is Anti ~Spam/Content Filter/Message Management software which has been designed specifically for Mail Enable. It is freeware and there is an active forum for it at http://www.mefilter.com where people seem to have been using it with success.

after 2 weeks of testing, i still get some spam through. quite a good and easy to use interface.
  • WildLily
  • Born
  • Born
  • WildLily

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

Just want to share my experience with this antispam program. I receive hundreds of spam emails every day for several email accounts and had to spend much time downloading and deleting them until I began using SpamCombat http://www.glocksoft.com/sc/index.htm. Now I can "kill" about 99% of spam on the server directly and not receive it in my inbox. What I like best is the ability to safely preview every message to make sure the right emails will be deleted, and automatic mode in checking the email accounts and deleting spam. SpamCombat has common whitelist and blacklist, plus there also HTML Validator, DNSBL filter, and the Bayesian filter. To anyone who are looking for an antispam filter I would recommend to try it.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts