anyone know godaddy.com?

• geezuss
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

anyone know how good of a host godaddy.com is?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• TomK
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Ontario, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I hear their hosting isn't very good.

Their domain names, however, are a good price and have a good feature set as well as support.
  • geezuss
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok cool..so whats a good hosting company for cheap thatll support php/mysql/and running linux ??anyone :)
  • criserb
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try this, http://www.velnet.co.uk I'm using it from a long time and i'm very happy with it.
  • L-Man
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Poland

Post 3+ Months Ago

:D Nice to see a stisfied customer.
:lol:
  • bannerpad
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • bannerpad

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know about their web hosting, but I have switched all my domain names to Godaddy.com. They are one of the best domain name companies, but never tried their hosting though.
  • OSGEN
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • OSGEN

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've heard that their hosting/email service is questionable.

You might want to do a quick search on http://www.webhostingtalk.com for reviews.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

i also have heard not so good things about their hosting. however their domain registrar is top notch. I've been using them for a long time for all my domains.
  • CartikaHosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • CartikaHosting
  • Loc: Wishing I was in Kicking Horse

Post 3+ Months Ago

bannerpad wrote:
I don't know about their web hosting, but I have switched all my domain names to Godaddy.com. They are one of the best domain name companies, but never tried their hosting though.

Hi Bannerpad - Its nice to hear that you are happy with godaddy.com as a registrar - however, lets not confuse the cheapest with the best.

I will admit, they have a nice control panel - but, their support, particularly telephone support is lacking (no toll free number - come on - seriously - that is a requirement in this business). Additionally, they are notoriously slow for propogation, they handle disputes poorly and if you are a provider, they are constantly soliciting your customers for their hosting business.

I've moved all my domains and my customers domains from godaddy. Cost me a small fortune in transfer fees - but, overall, well worth it.
  • ckandes1
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • ckandes1
  • Loc: Daytona Beach, FL (US)

Post 3+ Months Ago

if any of you have had a bad experience with godaddy's hosting, maybe u should post it on badwebhosts.com to try to help that site get started up. i think that'll be a good site to have around once its active.
  • GimmeMyDomains
  • Student
  • Student
  • GimmeMyDomains

Post 3+ Months Ago

GoDaddy is great for registrations, but I'd look elsewhere for hosting. I'm not yet familiar with the hosts on this forum - I look forward to getting familiar with you.

The one I recommend is http://www.ShieldHost.com They have good features really cheap. Their cheapest package comes out to $1.79/month if you pay by the year. Not bad. (and this is who I recommend even though I hosting is an option on my site)
  • Uncensored-Hosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

First it's often better to have your host and registrar separate. Second godaddy and Yahoo hosting is best suited for the novelty webmaster who simply wants to be able to say they have a website. Their services are severely lacking for the professional webmaster who wants to grow their website or rely on the same. The sophisticated webmaster will find they are unable to run many of the scripts they desire and/or have access to basic apache functions that regular hosts offer. Additionally Yahoo allows an enormous amount os SPAM worms and phisihing messages thru their network. Many of which will end up on your PC.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts