My Apache Server is not running on IP address

• terra
  • Born
  • Born
  • terra
  • Loc: SA

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have a unique problem. i have wamp installed (apache, php, phpmyadmin, MySQL). The problem is i cannot use localhost to access my site.
My Config file

Listen 8080
NamevirtualHost 192.168.0.15
<Virtualhost localhost:8080>
DirectoryIndex index.php
DocumentRoot "D:\myste"
</Virtualhost>

The problem is if i enter 127.0.0.1 in my browser (explorer on Windows) i can access my site BUT if i use localhost i cannot access my site.

Also, i cannot access my site from another computer over LAN even if i use IP based virtual hosting.
Please help[/b]
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Zwirko
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: 55° N, 3° W

Post 3+ Months Ago

In your apache installation do you have localhost as the Server Domain and Network Domain?
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

You are probably behind a router and/or a firewall, you will need to forward /open port 8080 in your firewall and/or router.

http://www.portforward.com/english/rout ... rindex.htm

Look for your router at that website, you will get detailed instructions on how to forward ports.

If it is a firewall issue I would suggest going to your firewall's website for instructions on how to open up ports.
  • terra
  • Born
  • Born
  • terra

Post 3+ Months Ago

grinch2171
Thanx for responding. The thing is i am not running any proxy,or router or anything, the closest i have to connectivity is a local area network.(direct cable connection)

I have actually turned off the firewall and i noticed something as well. IP based virtual hostring is not working also.

i have hosted the site on another PC. i can view the site from a third PC but cannot view it from my PC. So i think the problem has to do with IPs or my browser.
  • terra
  • Born
  • Born
  • terra

Post 3+ Months Ago

zwirko

Thanx for responding. The thing is i am not running any proxy,or router or anything, the closest i have to connectivity is a local area network.(direct cable connection)

I have actually turned off the firewall and i noticed something as well. IP based virtual hostring is not working also.

i have hosted the site on another PC. i can view the site from a third PC but cannot view it from my PC. So i think the problem has to do with IPs or my browser.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts