Apache Server With Linksys Router

• YourMomSE
  • YourMomSE

Post 3+ Months Ago

sup im new, was looking for help with this and came across this site. Im running apache 2.2.4 and on a linksys befsr41 4 port router. Apache will let me connect through my router ip and the port im listening on but no one else can connect. I opened the port already on the router config, but im not sure how to make apache available to outside users.....
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you are trying to run a web server from home, your ISP maybe blocking the port.
  • YourMomSE
  • YourMomSE

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok im finally back, um i can run it when my router isnt hooked up, but its a pain to have to keep hooking it up and taking it off to run apache.......i opened port triggering and port forwarding on the right port, but im unsure of wat to do now, i am only using it for personal use right now, meaning so i can access some of my files from other computers. Anyone got any ideas on wat to do....?
  • Don2007
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Don2007
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

You might have to add a entry in the hosts file. Search google for hosts file.
  • YourMomSE
  • YourMomSE

Post 3+ Months Ago

Are you talking about apache's virtualhost directive, because i don't know how that'd get it through the router
  • PolishHurricane
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm confused by your 2nd to last post, but let me get this straight. You can connect to your server by external IP if the router isn't on, but you can't if it is? If so you're not forwarding correctly on the router. If that doesn't work check the Apache's config/virtual host file (httpd.conf) for the correct port and make sure it's not blocking external IP's and allowing from all. If that's not what you mean please explain a little better for me.
  • YourMomSE
  • YourMomSE

Post 3+ Months Ago

k yeah, ill take a look again...wat i meant earlier is that i have my computer hooked directly to the modem and apache works fine. When i hook up my linksys befsr41 router it will not work, it binds to the routers ip by saying servername not found so it uses that instead....then i can connect from my computer by the routers ip and the normal port but obviously no one else can...... so ill take a look again from wat u said, and see wats up...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts