Bandwidth limiting...

• Minski
  • Minski

Post 3+ Months Ago

Could somebody please tell me exactly what will happen to a site once it (this site) reaches the bandwidth limiting set for it in WHM? Will it stop transferring the data?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• rDolay
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • rDolay

Post 3+ Months Ago

when you reach the WHM total bandwidth limitation then you can not upgrade or add more plans but if you are asking does cPanel automatically suspent your site when it exceed %100 of the set bandwidth quota then yes it will suspent.
  • Minski
  • Minski

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you for your support, Dolay!
  • Uncensored-Hosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

This setting can be disabled by checking Disable Suspending accounts that exceed their bandwidth limit (will clear all suspensions is disabled). When you reach your bandwidth the default action is to display a 509 (bandwidth exceeded) error whenever someone attempts to access your site.

dolay wrote:
when you reach the WHM total bandwidth limitation then you can not upgrade or add more plans but if you are asking does cPanel automatically suspent your site when it exceed %100 of the set bandwidth quota then yes it will suspent.
  • jnacool
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

A company will more than likely email you to warn you once you reach 80% of your limit, this is a good time to look into upgrading the account.
  • rDolay
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • rDolay

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
This setting can be disabled by checking Disable Suspending accounts that exceed their bandwidth limit (will clear all suspensions is disabled). When you reach your bandwidth the default action is to display a 509 (bandwidth exceeded) error whenever someone attempts to access your site.

The thread opener have not WHM as i understand from his question so i replied to him as a cPanel owner, cPanel owners cant have permission to set that

Quote:
A company will more than likely email you to warn you once you reach 80% of your limit, this is a good time to look into upgrading the account.

WHM itself already doing it automatically
  • PHP_Guru
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Clermont, FL

Post 3+ Months Ago

Or... Get Hosting With Unlimited Bandwidth?

rackforce.com
All VDS Plans Unlimited Bandwidth
-I Pay 70$
  • Uncensored-Hosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

I presumed they had access to WHM since they referenced it in their post. Either way I think they got the answer they need. If not they can clarify.
dolay wrote:

The thread opener have not WHM as i understand from his question so i replied to him as a cPanel owner, cPanel owners cant have permission to set that
  • Minski
  • Minski

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you for your help! 8)
  • Uncensored-Hosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your welcome good luck Minski!
  • etechsupport
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

whether a host really use 100% bandwidth? As on mostly cases I found that they get large bandwidth by paying extra cost but rarely they are using 100% of it.
  • Fitness4Living
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Belfast, Ireland

Post 3+ Months Ago

tricky subject.
Sometimes I exceeded my monthly bandwidth limit and the website was offline for the last few days of the month so i changed to IX webhosting. They have a 500MB storage limit and 5GB per month bandwidth. I havent come close to this limit as yet. The link to them is in my signature:
  • underpressure
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Guyana

Post 3+ Months Ago

Fitness4Living wrote:
tricky subject.
Sometimes I exceeded my monthly bandwidth limit and the website was offline for the last few days of the month so i changed to IX webhosting. They have a 500MB storage limit and 5GB per month bandwidth. I havent come close to this limit as yet. The link to them is in my signature:

SPAM! (cough, cough)
  • Nem
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Nem
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

underpressure wrote:
Fitness4Living wrote:
tricky subject.

SPAM! (cough, cough)

LOL!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 14 posts