Blacklist Status

• BillW
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Redondo Beach, Ca.

Post 3+ Months Ago

I recently purchased a name from BuyDomains (I know...).
Whois.sc shows a blacklist status for this name and gives a link to Sorbs.net but their site is down.

I might have foregone the whole deal but the name was very relevant to what I need it for.

Can anyone shed more light on the Sorbs blacklist and what, if anything, it means to me and how I can go about getting it delisted?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Uncensored-Hosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

Their site is up try again ... http://www.au.sorbs.net/overview.shtml
  • placid psychosis
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Warsaw, IN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorbs blacklists IP ranges, I think. As such, it would be your host that got blacklisted. If the domain is parked, pointing it to it's new home should work. Or did you buy a "premium name" from them?
  • justbane
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • justbane
  • Loc: CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

SORBS blocks specific IPs or RANGES if they are close together. it really only effects emails mostly. The biggest thing about sorbs is they sell their blacklist to ISPs who then use it to block emails and the like from that address.

here is the real kicker... some of these SORBS companies actually charge you a fee to get delisted... its blackmail. anyone can submit you and it will cost you to get delisted. once you are on the list of corse.
  • Tristan_Merz
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Capital Region [TechValley] NY, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

:turn-l: Who are the 'people' that are, it seems to me, missing from this picture? Are there any watch dog orgs, bureaus, agencies, or ______ of any size, official-dumb rating, or description that are theoretically, at least, responsible for this kind of blatant strident grotesque perfidy? Some of the .gov people making $80 - 150K/yr need to switch off the Nick - at - Night reruns and show up at the office occasionally.
  • jmweb
  • Student
  • Student
  • jmweb
  • Loc: 127.0.0.1

Post 3+ Months Ago

justbane wrote:
here is the real kicker... some of these SORBS companies actually charge you a fee to get delisted... its blackmail. anyone can submit you and it will cost you to get delisted. once you are on the list of corse.

And then they put the money to a charity.
  • johne417
  • Born
  • Born
  • johne417

Post 3+ Months Ago

Know what their "charity" is?

A fellow spam blacklist operator who refused to reopen a legit email address, dragging a legit business down, and is getting sued for it. Sorbs charity is legal defense for these sorts of things.

I totally appreciate the idea behind these sorts of things, but sorbs in particular is terrible about responding to emails from legit businesses and working to keep their lists up to date. I've been battling with them for a week and a half, and just keep getting ignored.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts