Buying a domain name with no credit card

  • Shattered Plastic
  • Student
  • Student
  • Shattered Plastic
  • Posts: 66

Post 3+ Months Ago

I need to buy a domain with non-credit card Paypal, but I don't know any sellers that will accept it. GoDaddy.com says they accept Paypal, but when I go to pay, it says that I need to attach a credit card to my Paypal account, which I am not going to do.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 6252
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do you have a checking account with a debit card? If so, you can hook up your checking account to your PayPal to have funds directly transfered from it for purchases, and instead of backing it up with a credit card, just back it up with your debit card for the same bank account.
  • alans
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 36

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Shattered Plastic,

You can try http://www.enom.com I think they accept paypal

Alan
  • Shattered Plastic
  • Student
  • Student
  • Shattered Plastic
  • Posts: 66

Post 3+ Months Ago

spork wrote:
Do you have a checking account with a debit card? If so, you can hook up your checking account to your PayPal to have funds directly transfered from it for purchases, and instead of backing it up with a credit card, just back it up with your debit card for the same bank account.


I've got my bank account attached to it which I normally pay through (and it says I'm a verified member) but when I went to pay Go Daddy specifically, it said that I had to add a credit card to make the payment. I haven't had that problem with anyone else I've bought stuff from.. So I'm wondering why they'd want a credit card attached, especially when they wouldn't have access to the number anyway.
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 6252
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not sure, seems a bit odd. I've purchased domains and hosting from GoDaddy and have never had problems with them. Have you tried adding your debit card?
  • Shattered Plastic
  • Student
  • Student
  • Shattered Plastic
  • Posts: 66

Post 3+ Months Ago

spork wrote:
I'm not sure, seems a bit odd. I've purchased domains and hosting from GoDaddy and have never had problems with them. Have you tried adding your debit card?


Nope, I'm not sure how to do that. What does it enable me to do (aside from possibly buying the domain from Go Daddy)?
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 6252
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Anything on PayPal that requires you to add a credit card. As long as your debit card bears a credit card logo (Visa, MasterCard, etc), you can use it instead of a credit card, and if the card is for the same checking account that you attached in the first place, it's essentially like backing up your bank account with the same bank account.
  • Shattered Plastic
  • Student
  • Student
  • Shattered Plastic
  • Posts: 66

Post 3+ Months Ago

alans wrote:
Hi Shattered Plastic,

You can try http://www.enom.com I think they accept paypal

Alan


Thanks! Everwhere I've read has said they do.
I've been having problems with eNom too, when I finally clicked purchase, it said

"There is no credit card on file for this account. Please go to the Edit Contact to enter payment information."

On the Edit Contact page there's no option for Paypal, it's just credit card information.

Never mind, I found out that they only accept Paypal for Reseller and Bulk Register accounts.
  • Shattered Plastic
  • Student
  • Student
  • Shattered Plastic
  • Posts: 66

Post 3+ Months Ago

spork wrote:
Anything on PayPal that requires you to add a credit card. As long as your debit card bears a credit card logo (Visa, MasterCard, etc), you can use it instead of a credit card, and if the card is for the same checking account that you attached in the first place, it's essentially like backing up your bank account with the same bank account.


I don't have one, but I think I'll look into that if I can't find a solution.
  • harrysmith
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • harrysmith
  • Posts: 136
  • Loc: Leeds

Post 3+ Months Ago

Shattered Plastic wrote:
spork wrote:
Anything on PayPal that requires you to add a credit card. As long as your debit card bears a credit card logo (Visa, MasterCard, etc), you can use it instead of a credit card, and if the card is for the same checking account that you attached in the first place, it's essentially like backing up your bank account with the same bank account.


I don't have one, but I think I'll look into that if I can't find a solution.



If you are still looking to register a domain i can help you;
We webhosting UK provides you facility to register domain names usign Paypal;
you can pay your paypal amount manually or you may create a subscription for a particular date on which your payment made for our company;
We charge you £7/year for .com, .net, .org and £6/year for .info please visit secure.webhosting.uk.com/order/orderwiz.php to register your domain name.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 13504
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not sure if you're in the U.S. or not -- http://visa.via.infonow.net/locator/gprc/ (use the form to find a location near you, nothing more...)

There's a Walmart, Amscott, CVS Pharmacy, & a dozen gas stations in my area that have them.
  • Kiwipulse
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Kiwipulse
  • Posts: 16
  • Loc: Montreal

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do you have a hosting plan? If not, im with Servage. They offer a hosting plan with free domain. You can pay via paypal [credit card or bank account]. 360 Gb webspace and 3600 gig. Im with them since 2 years now and im very satisfied with their services and prices.

Use my coupon# cust38233 and they will increase 25 Gig webspace to your plan.
Hope it help :D
  • charlesgan
  • Student
  • Student
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 86

Post 3+ Months Ago

loo.. that coupon is not generic right :)

you can pay hostgator hosting using paypal as well.
  • freetest
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • freetest
  • Posts: 5

Post 3+ Months Ago

you can use GoDaddy.com Gift Card
  • Shattered Plastic
  • Student
  • Student
  • Shattered Plastic
  • Posts: 66

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yep, thanks, I use Host Gator right now for hosting.

To attach a credit card to PayPal, how much do you need to have available on it?
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 6252
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't think credit limit matters.
  • Shattered Plastic
  • Student
  • Student
  • Shattered Plastic
  • Posts: 66

Post 3+ Months Ago

spork wrote:
I don't think credit limit matters.


Oh, okay. Is there some sort of verification process involved?

Post Information

  • Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests
  • You cannot post new topics in this forum
  • You cannot reply to topics in this forum
  • You cannot edit your posts in this forum
  • You cannot delete your posts in this forum
  • You cannot post attachments in this forum
 
 

© 1998-2014. Ozzu® is a registered trademark of Unmelted, LLC.