Cable modems to have 3x the upstream capacity by the year

• Borrow -A- Geek
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Dallas/Ft Worth, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cable modems could have triple the upstream capacity by the end of 2002, enabling video conferencing and peer-to-peer applications over cable connections.

Cable Television Laboratories (known as CableLabs), a consortium of cable operators from North and South America, has completed the specification for DOCSIS 2.0 (Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification).

The specification boosts the capacity of the upstream side of the connection compared to the previous version to 30 megabits per second in both directions, CableLabs said in a statement on Thursday.

DOCSIS 2.0 defines two modulation techniques: S-CDMA (synchronous code division multiple access) and A-TDMA (advanced frequency-agile time division multiple access).

Interoperability testing of products is due to start in the first quarter of this year and certification testing is expected by the third quarter, the consortium said.

Cable operators and suppliers have been working on the new specification since 1998, CableLabs said.

Source: CNN.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

OMG, that sounds really great!
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

it's about time! :lol:

/unflux
  • Jimmie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Ft Worth TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey Gadget, since your a Charter Comm worker, and I am a former Charter Comm worker and current PipeLine Customer(going on 4 years now), maybe you could bumo me up to the "GOLD" package without them knowing :P
  • Borrow -A- Geek
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey jimmie, what location did you work in? they audit the accounts every week or so anyway so even if i were to "bump" you up to gold it would just get bumped back down again. besides, hehe i have told a few of my coworkers about this site, and it wouldnt look to good me handing out gold bumps now would it! ?? :twisted: i kinda like my job and would like to keep it... :usa
  • Jimmie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Ft Worth TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol, its all good... I worker at Hub 4 for a few weeks during training, and then went to Hub 6!

BTW, i have checked and seen that Charter is always hiring for CSR's, and Ive put in 20 apps or so, maybe you can get them to hire me :p
  • Borrow -A- Geek
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

well i dont have a lot of pull power in the HR dept... but if you put in an app and call back and ask for scott youll have a fighting chance. he is the head of the h/r dept
It also looks like you called in on the 28th to tll us about an outage in your area, and that you will be calling back for a credit on your account :-P you account is current and up to date, always a plus when applying for a position here

good luck

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts