Can anyone recommend the best Webhosting site for new ecomm

• Blueveil
  • Blueveil
  • Loc: Laguna Woods

Post 3+ Months Ago

There are so many Webhosting sites now that it's hard sometimes to even know which to use.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Sunday
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

Windows or linux? Do you have a ecommerce site designed?
  • project3
  • project3

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try SkilledHost.com
  • suvra2k@m6.net

Post 3+ Months Ago

You may find lots of better web hosting companies in around the net but I don’t think there is any thing called best in web hosting world. Best host is the host that perfects you (customers). Do a google search “windows web hosting” or “Linux web hosting” (you have not mentioned what you need) get some name and ask about them in this forum. I think that might help you a lot.
  • eeagles2
  • eeagles2
  • Loc: Felixstowe, Suffolk, UK.

Post 3+ Months Ago

It depends where you are. I'm in the UK and I chose from donhost, 1and1, SupaNames, Pipex, dedicated-servers and rackspace (maybe a few more). I chose Rackspace because of their expertise and price, even though the server spec itself didn't seem as good as that of some of the other solutions. More information is needed to help with your decision.
  • fawh
  • Student
  • Student
  • fawh

Post 3+ Months Ago

suvra2k is correct. There is no one best web host. You need to find a web host that has a plan that supports your needs. Many web hosts offer some sort of ecommerce solution. Can you tell us more about the website you need hosted?
  • CartikaHosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • CartikaHosting
  • Loc: Wishing I was in Kicking Horse

Post 3+ Months Ago

Blueveil wrote:
There are so many Webhosting sites now that it's hard sometimes to even know which to use.

As far as eCommerce goes, I usually recommend you do this in the reverse order. Take some time and demo all the available eCommerce solutions. Yahoo Stores, osCommerce, phpShop, ZenCart, etc...

Once you have found a shopping cart that best suits your needs, then look for a web host provider that is able to accomodate your solution of choice. Additionally, make sure you understand how you plan on accepting payment, securing your site (if needed - dependant on payment solution of choice) and shipping your products. All of these factors need to be considered during the ecommerce solution selection process.

Hope this helps...
  • webinv
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • webinv

Post 3+ Months Ago

many web hosts provide shopping carts with their services. 1and1.com has a specific package FOR ecommerce. you might want to check it out.
  • semko
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • semko

Post 3+ Months Ago

Blueveil wrote:

I would definitely advice you to use UNIX hosting as far as price and security are concerned. There is a web hosting company called aplus.net, they offer a package especially designed for ecommerce sites, it includes a merchant software and has a reasonably good price, just go ahead and check the details on their website.
  • L-Man
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Poland

Post 3+ Months Ago

There are not that much difference between what you get as host these days. I'd say if you don't know anyone using the host then you will just have to see what they have to offer and follow your instict as well as keep in mind what is your intended purpose for the site
  • eyell
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Blueveil wrote:

Check out

http://www.LessHost.com

I highly recommend!
  • lomer
  • Born
  • Born
  • lomer

Post 3+ Months Ago

Any one you want to try go head but don't use ZoneServ.com . they are the worst. admin guy GIL is very unporfessional. He has no business atic. We Never been happy wth this site and move out.
  • rllunzmann
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • rllunzmann
  • Loc: Wisconsin

Post 3+ Months Ago

well before jumping on the band wagon with the posted offers above, google search the web hosting company, Find some review sites that have feedback about this host. Do some basic research, does this webhost even have a PR!? Be weary about these things.
  • Dave White
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Dave White

Post 3+ Months Ago

Before going in for any hosting service, One should be fullyaware of what he needs from the web hosting provider and which platform will be easy to work on.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 14 posts