Can we recommend hosts NOT to use?

• Robert Tetenman
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is this forum an accpetable place to recommend a host NOT to use? I do not want to bash them, but rather want to give a review of sorts and advise against using them. They fall into the common category of "a good cheap host" but after using them for several years with several domains I have a lot of things to say which might point users in another direction, despite the GREAT price offered by this host.

If there is a more appropriate forum for this, or no forum at all for this type of thing I completely understand. I just see so many people asking about 'cheap' hosts and I do not want to see others have the unpleasant experience I had.
  • Daemonguy
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Somewhere outside the box in Sarasota, FL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

In my not-so-humble opinion, you are welcome to discuss your experiences -- trials and tribulations if you will -- without going into exacting detail as to whom you are lambasting.

If you have a list of "gotchas" and things to be on the lookout for, advice or clarifications of wording with regard to contractual obligation and means/methods of ferreting out said pitfalls then by all means, have at it.

What we do not want to see here is, "xyz hosting sucks because they would not respond to me!".

Stick to the facts, and omit the host's name. That's what I think anyway, we'll have to see what the super's believe proper.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sounds pretty much spot on target to me.
  • Robert Tetenman
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you. I have no intention of being nasty of attacking this host. I would simply like to mention the Hosts name and some of the problems I had with them which I think would give any potential customers the 'heads-up'.

If I can not mention the name then I will not post because these are not generalizations about hosts. The review pertains specifically to this host and problems encountered.

If you (a moderator or admin) wishes to see the message before I post then I can PM it. Just let me know.

Thank you.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

No. We are very pleased that you asked first, but we have no interest in allowing bashing of hosts, even if they deserve it, and even if it is done in the best interest of others, and even if it is done politely. Please don't mention the name. The post will most likely get removed if you do. We hope you enjoy OZZU and continue to participate, but this would not be acceptable. Daemonguy pointed out the only acceptable approach. Hope you understand.
  • Robert Tetenman
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not a problem. That was why I asked. I am not here to bash anyone and I enjoy these forums quite a bit so need to worry. 8)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts