Can you help me guys in IIS6?

• dough
  • dough
  • Loc: Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good day!

I'm newbie to this forum, anyone can hlep me in IIS6? I can browse my site within a LAN but when i tried to browse it in public it says"Page Cannot be Displayed" and that's my problem. By the way i'm using server 2003 web edition. Thanks in advance!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

You have to purchase a domain name if you haven't already done so. Then you have to establish a static IP address from your ISP and your ISP has to route your domain name to your IP address. You also need to open port 80 on your firewall.

If you don't know how to do all that you really shouldn't be considering running your own web server until you've learned more.
  • dough
  • dough
  • Loc: Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you bro...it helps me.
  • ffio
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: MAC, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your question isn't really about IIS. If you can browse on the LAN, it sounds like it is set up right. You need to do some research on how to host your own web server.

Check to see if your NAT router supports DDNS. If it does, you can save yourself some $ on the static IP and domain name purchases...

To access your site from the public side right now, just forward port 80 to the private IP address of the web server computer, and then http:// to your public IP.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts