• Student
  • Student
  • Toyminator
  • Loc: Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Post 3+ Months Ago

What the hell?

5GB Webspace and 100GB B/W?

Is this like a scam or something?
Or do they only give very little features?

http://www.canaca.com
  • Moses08
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Moses08

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sounds like a serious case of overselling. They're depending on people not using the alloted bandwidth. This can work, but you may run into some reliability problems. I have heard mixed reviews from Canaca. You should look for a couple people who have been customers of them and ask them about their experiences with Canaca.
  • Toyminator
  • Student
  • Student
  • Toyminator
  • Loc: Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmmm ok thx
  • r0Gu3
  • r0Gu3
  • Loc: . : T-Dot : .

Post 3+ Months Ago

i haven't been with canaca ... but was seriously thinking aout joining with them ...

i think the main advantage to me at that time was the fact that they operate their own datacenter within toronto (where i live) ... if ever something goes wrong :P ... take a cpl of friends and pay them a visit ;)

i've been keeping an eye on them for about a year now ... their site has been pretty well kept and upgraded and what not over the year ... so i guess thats a good sign :P

whats whack tho is that "Limited Time Offer" ... i've seen that there for the past year :P lol ...
  • Jerschae
  • Born
  • Born
  • Jerschae

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can save you from a lot of dissapointment and pointless efforts - avoid Canaca.com! I prepaid a year with them and it is thankfully almost over. My site is down for an hour or two at a time on average 4 times per week. Their tech support is non-existant, FTP rarely works, they lose data and have no backups, email is constantly down and when they do actually work it's so slow it makes my 802.11 connection seem like dial-up.

Save yourself a headache and avoid them.

:x

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts