cannot un-park domain in cpanel

• Matthew
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

(This is not the same domain I spoke of in my other cpael thread I just started.)

I cannot un-park a domain in cpanel. I see the parked domain listed, and choose "Remove Domain!" to which cpanel replies:

Quote:
mborghini.com -> deleted from beast.
Updating Mail Routes...Done
Removing localdomains entires....
Removing ServerAlias line....Done
Parked Domain mborghini.com Unparked!

Then I click "Go Back" and the domain is still there!

Plus, the domain ( http://www.mborghini.com ), if parked, should be loading http://www.matthewdoucette.com , but it is not. Has anyone experienced such a problem?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Nem
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Nem
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have you spoke to your web hosting provider? This is what they are there for.
  • Matthew
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

He is out for the weekend. :( I never expected to create such a mistake in cpanel.
  • Nem
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Nem

Post 3+ Months Ago

I see. Maybe going to your domain control panel and select "forwarding" and foward to that domain?

Or create an .htaccess file in that domain to redirect to a new domain?

I am correct in thinking that you wish to use the parked domain for forwarding right?
  • Matthew
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nem wrote:
Or create an .htaccess file in that domain to redirect to a new domain?

I have done this. It was already setup and working before I accidentally deleted the parked domain (which worked) and then I added it back in. http://www.mborghini.com would load http://www.matthewdoucette.com before today. That is not the real problem though...

The actual problem is that my primary email used to be xxx@mborghini.com and it is not anymre (as of today), but it does not bounce the emails back! I need it to bounce.

When I first added the domain in (as a parked domain or an addon domain) I could only mess with emails like something@mborghini.matthewdoucette.com instead of something@mborghini.com. In my efforts to fix this I deleted the subdomain mborghini.matthewdoucette.com and now I am left with a parked domain that cannot be deleted.

It is all too confusing really... if only I could just peer inside the httpd.conf file and make some edits! :)
  • Nem
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Nem

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am thinking of several things at the moment.

1) Just foward the domain using your 'domain registrars control panel'

2) Get your host to look at the 'logs' of your account to see what the error may be behind it. - But your host is not available to support you.

The second option would be the most helpful because we don't exactly know what the error is.
  • Matthew
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

UPDATE:

Apparantly xxx@mborghini.com is now bouncing. It just took a very very long time to receive it (an hour or so.)

My next problem is still basically the same, I want to mess around with something@mborghini.com instead of something@mborghini.matthewdoucette.com , so that I may now forward emails to xxx@mborghini.com to my new email.

Maybe I do not need to delete the parked domain (although I am not sure why my non-deleted parked domain is not loading) to do this.
  • Nem
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Nem

Post 3+ Months Ago

Right, so thats one thing over and done with. I actually have a server with cpanel, so let me test it out. See if there are options in there.

Will put another post in 1 minute ok.
  • Matthew
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the help. You mean to forward the domain within my registrar, right? That would probably work, but I would like to play around with those emails in cpanel, if possible. (I know it is possible, as I was doing it before today.)

I'm not sure why cpanel tends to put everything as a subdomain name. I do not like that at all. I just want to play with emails on the domain itself. I am not sure if something@1stdomain.2nddomain.com is even a legitimate email?
  • Nem
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Nem

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have just seen the 'Create email account' section. There should be a drop down menu beside the :

'email' @ [drop-down-list-here]

See if that drop down menu allows you to have that domain as your email accout.

//EDIT:
Well that:

1stdomain.2nddomain.com

1stdomain = sub-domain
2nddomain = main domain.

Thats how cpanel would create it.
  • Matthew
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

All that is listed in the drop down box is:

matthewdoucette.com

EDIT: This list is the same under "Add a new Forwarder" and "Add a New Domain Forwarder" and "Default Address Maintenance" and probably everywhere else.

Before, before I deleted the mborghini.com subdomain name in the "Subdomains" off the main page, I had this listed:

matthewdoucette.com
mborghini.matthewdoucette.com

I think by deleting that subdomain, I may have screwed up cpanel which is now why I cannot delete the mborghini.com parked domain. I am not sure, however.
  • Nem
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Nem

Post 3+ Months Ago

It is a bit strange. I don't usually use cPanel, i stick to directadmin. Maybe someone more experienced with cPanel might be able to help.

But i also checked the forwarding in cPanel im using and it has the main domain.

Just out of curiosity, when you first parked the domain did that mborghini subdomain automatically add? Or did you add that?
  • Matthew
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

I remember now... I did an "addon domain" and it created the subdomian name. (I would have never created it myself on purpose.)

I somehow deleted that subdomain name and then had the domain parked, only. So, parking a domain does NOT create a subdomain name, but "adding on" (addon domains) does create a subdomain name.

That being said... what was I thinking previously?! Deleting the subdomain name should not have affected whether or not I can now go delete a parked domain.
  • Nem
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Nem

Post 3+ Months Ago

Im beginning to see the link. Again, your host is the only one who has access to your logs. You need to find out the error is and see whats going on.

My guess is that the problem arised when you deleted the sub-domain.

But as i said before, you need to talk to someone more experience with cPanel.

Sorry if i wasn't much help lol.
  • Matthew
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

You were plenty help. Just discussing this helps brings new ideas to my head! Thanks!

I will wait until my server tech can help me out and I'll post the results here.
  • Nem
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Nem

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah would be great for future reference.

Thanks.
  • Matthew
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

When I go to "Addon Domain Maintenance" and add mborghini.com (with no directory or password specified) it gives this error:

Quote:
Addon Domain Additions

could not be modified because it does not resolve to a valid ip address. Please ask the system admin to check their resolv.conf and their dns trust relationship Ignore any messages of success this can only result in failure!

Sorry, you are not allowed to add any more then (0) parked domains!

could not be modified because it does not resolve to a valid ip address. Please ask the system admin to check their resolv.conf and their dns trust relationship Ignore any messages of success this can only result in failure!

mborghini.com could not be setup. The subdomain .matthewdoucette.com was not setup either.

So there definitely seems to be something wrong outside of cpanel's controls.
  • Nem
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Nem

Post 3+ Months Ago

I told you, but the error must have been caused by cPanel itself.

Do check the nameserver settings for your domain though. Check the nameserver and the IP addresses are valid according to your hosts server ip addresses.

Again, you need your host to check up on this.

(You can't expect all hosts to be able to support 24/7 anyway)
  • Matthew
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just spoke it over with my host and he has no idea.

I just tried to park mborghini.com under a *different* virtual host and it worked, which means that mborghini.com was not parked (even though it shows up as parked.)

If the domain was parked and you tried to park it under another domain it would give this error message:

Quote:
Parked Domain Additions

******.com is controlled by another user. You cannot park it.

So, now... why does mborghini.com show up in Cpanel as parked when it is *not* parked?

Does anyone have access to their httpd.conf files to show me what code/lines are generated via a Cpanel park?
  • Matthew
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Matthew wrote:
When I go to "Addon Domain Maintenance"

Quote:
Addon Domain Additions

Sorry, you are not allowed to add any more then (0) parked domains!

Woah! I completely missed this! I do not have permission to have *any* parked domains! My limit is 0. I will look into this and get back...
  • Matthew
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

My host was able to fix it for me. For anyone stumbling onto this thread in the future, I'll explain exactly what was wrong:

"mborghini.com" was setup as an alias on "matthewdoucette.com" in a way that cPanel does not do it. It still worked, but cPanel was unable to modify it. I believe it was setup manually (a long time ago, as I do not remember it happening).

This was the code:

Code: [ Select ]
ServerAlias www.matthewdoucette.com matthewdoucette.com mborghini.com www.mborghini.com

This was the code that cPanel generated when I setup "mborghini.com" as a parked domain under another virtual host, and you will see that it was done on a separate line:

Code: [ Select ]
ServerAlias mborghini.com www.mborghini.com

I think cPanel is hardcoded to only change changes that it makes, and is unable to modify certain manual changes that are done differently. In the end, cPanel was completley unable to fix this for me. A manual httpd.conf edit was required.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 21 posts