Cannot send email to yahoo.com mail only. Help !!!!!!

• basketmen
  • Student
  • Student
  • basketmen

Post 3+ Months Ago

I. i just found out that all domains in my new server can send email to anywhere, except to yahoo dot com, if sending email to yahoo dot com its always rejected

II. what should we do, i already search this problem in google google dot com/#hl=en&q=cannot+send+yahoo+mail , and i guess its could be because the rdns

quoted from resource help.yahoo dot com/l/us/yahoo/mail/postmaster/basics/postmaster-15.html :
Quote:
Publish reverse DNS (PTR) records for your sending IPs. If there is no reverse DNS entry for your IP address, or if it looks like a dynamically-assigned IP instead of a static mail server, Yahoo! is more likely to downgrade its sending reputation.

The rDNS already setup
1.1.1.0 ns1.domain dot com
1.1.1.1 ns2.domain dot com
1.1.1.3 domain dot com

Here is the name server, i only use 1 dedicated ip, it is 1.1.1.3 for domain dot com, the other domains are shared :
1.1.1.0 (main shared IP) (shared IP for root) (nameserver ns1.domain dot com)
1.1.1.1 (nameserver ns2.domain dot com)
1.1.1.3 (dedicated to domain dot com)

The hostname are server1.domain dot com, there is no dns zone for server1.domain dot com before, i already tried add that dns zone too before but still cant send email to yahoo dot com, do you think maybe this is the problem, need to rdns server1.domain dot com too?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• basketmen
  • Student
  • Student
  • basketmen

Post 3+ Months Ago

Update guys, i am still fight to solve this bad luck because moving to new server

i just moving to this new server and the ip address few days ago, when still using previous server i dont get this problem, so the problem maybe is in this server/the ips, my hosting company cant help but they can do if i say need remove/change some reverse dns

already try some effort below but still didnt solved it

- I already try creating ticket.cpanel dot net support, They say this :

Quote:
I'd recommend changing the RDNS for 1.1.1.0 to the server's host name to prevent problems with potential mail servers.

--
Thanks,
M*** Lee
Technical Analyst
cPanel, Inc

- And some friends tell me this :

Quote:
rDNS must match the email server host name

Please help guys share your knowledge and experience, are you agree with 2 person above (cpanel staf and a friend)

Here is the rDNS already setup by my hosting company
1.1.1.0 ns1.domain dot com
1.1.1.1 ns2.domain dot com
1.1.1.3 domain dot com

Here is the name server, i only use 1 dedicated ip, it is 1.1.1.3 for domain dot com, the other domains are shared :
1.1.1.0 (main shared IP) (shared IP for root) (nameserver ns1.domain dot com)
1.1.1.1 (nameserver ns2.domain dot com)
1.1.1.3 (dedicated to domain dot com)

The hostname in whm are server1.domain dot com, need to rdns server1.domain dot com too?
if yes from what ips above? change 1.1.1.0 from rdns ns1.domain dot com to hostname server1.domain dot com?
or change hostname in whm from server1.domain dot com to ns1.domain dot com?

i see in http://whatismyipaddress dot com/ip/1.1.1.0 the hostname are ns1.domain dot com, not server1.domain dot com, is it still ok or need to change above?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts