change from free webhosting to another free one

• Allwyna
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Allwyna

Post 3+ Months Ago

As I said in another post, I guess 81x.com doesn't exist anymore (although they officially are there, in Google, and Whois, but many links in their home page don't work, and I can't put my hand on the service). It is a free webhosting site, and used to be a great one. I have built my page years ago.

I am not a programmer and I need a host where I find templates, and other easy ways to get my site made. It is a simple one: I use it to promote an apartment I want to rent. So once it is done, I may have to change once in a while my pictures or info, and give a small lifting.

Since it is still a big job to do it and I don't make a lot of money of it, I would like to transfer it from 81x.com to another host (free)

Can someone tell me, first if it is possible, recommend me some, and give me a guideline on how to do it?

Thank you very much
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Daemonguy
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Somewhere outside the box in Sarasota, FL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Guys, I don't know how many times I have to say this.

Do not post spam in the forum. If someone asks for offers, or hosts and you feel the urge to spam your favorite provider -- curb it.

Send in PM, we have no rules about that. If people ask for that sort of information, they should expect to receive PM's.

Any more Spam in this thread will be removed.
  • Allwyna
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Allwyna

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ho oh... being new, I was not aware of that. I received a PM... does that mean it is spam?

How to sort out what is and what is not then.

Thank you
  • Daemonguy
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

No, what I am referring to are the countless "Use my Host..." followed by a litany of reason why they are the best host in the known universe. Immediately subsequent to that post will be another which states emphatically that person is wrong, as THEY are the best hosts.

If a person asks for information about hosts, reply to him or her via PM --NOT in this forum.
  • Underneath
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

What's wrong if hosting plans are discussed?
  • Daemonguy
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

My response would be, what's the issue with taking it to PM?
The problem is, many people will use this forum to spam their services; some even mask it as 'something they heard of ... '.

This forum is not for free advertising or increasing Google ranking. I have no problem with individuals who require hosting information to get that information via some source on this system -- just keep it in PM.
  • DanKo
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

Free services with no adv looks fake for me.
  • franticuser
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • franticuser

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks really not bad.
  • Allwyna
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Allwyna

Post 3+ Months Ago

Daemon.... should you for forbid PMs??? :x

I didn't post nor read this forum for long because I received a PM, opened the link and :microwave2: . My mistake! :cry: Lots of viruses, spyware and other big bugs. I am in other boards where people send PMs when they are willing to help and don't want to make it public.

Anyway, at least that helped me to find great software to fix my computer. But I still don't know how to move my site from one site to another one (copy/paste?). I DO know where I want to move it to.
  • InfluxHost

Post 3+ Months Ago

Allwyna,

To answer your question:

You can always find free web hosts out there, and switch from host to host. If they are both using cPanel, chances are they can use a transfer utility in the web admin that will transfer your entire site for you.

However, free hosts come and go. Obviously, it costs money to run a server. Most of these companies will not last very long before they close or turn into a paid host and try to turn clients over. If you are on a budget, I recommend finding a good host that will give you good service for a budget price. There are plenty out there - do your research, look for promotions/deals, and I'm sure you'll find something great.

Greg
  • Daemonguy
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

When did I forbid PM's? In fact, what I instructed was to utilize PM's instead of spouting countless offers in the public forums.

If you were offered a PM by someone unrelated to a question and you went to the address, that's on you. However, I would hope you would report that person to the SuperMods and Bigwebmaster. They have the ability to know where the sender is and can notify the authorities accordingly.

It makes better sense from the forum's perspective to utilize PM's for these types of queries.

There are several reasons for this; not the least of which is the countless spam messages which serve no purpose other than to raise Google ranking and fill up the channel with noise.

Having any number of folks respond in PM to your query still serves your purpose and does not serve as advertisement.

Additionally, the question has been asked and answered countless times in this forum. Search first -- chances are the answer you are looking for has been offered numerous times.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts