• No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not certain you are where you need to be. In your image you have a URL redirect set to what appears to be http://www.liquidcoke.net.

I think what they are telling you is you need to go to the DNS administration for http://www.liquidcoke.net and set the MX record there to mail.gaweb.com

At least that's the way I'm seeing it.
  • Daemonguy
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Somewhere outside the box in Sarasota, FL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK. (Damn panel gui's), here's how I see it.

First block you put in mail or @ ( I am assuming this is the administration panel for your liquidcoke domain; '@' is a "catch all", for lack of a better term).
Second block looks like you pu tin the actual address mail will go to; mail.gawab.com
NOTE: When editing real DNS, one must set a period after an alternate domain name, like mail.gawab.com. so that your domain is not tacked onto the end of it. I have no idea if that is required for this panel, but you can find out by asking whomever your host is.
Next is MX and the last is 10.
The last is a preference number; if you had more than one mail server (failover capacity) you could prefer one over the other. Or if you had a large number of clients, you could prefer half to one and the other half to the other. This way if one failed, they would both still get mail, albeit slowly -- but you would have time to fix the box. Also good for maintenance windows. I digress.

If you were making the entry in your DNS (Bind) without the GUI, it would be simply of matter of adding
@ IN MX 10 mail.gawab.com.

rndc reload. :)

Ahh the simplicity of the command line interface. ;)
  • harryhood
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • harryhood

Post 3+ Months Ago

I do not think that's not the right area to put the mailserver. Just below that area in your Enom account should be a heading "Mail Host Records Setup"

Add your mail server info there.
  • Daemonguy
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Somewhere outside the box in Sarasota, FL.

Post 3+ Months Ago

harryhood wrote:
I do not think that's not the right area to put the mailserver. Just below that area in your Enom account should be a heading "Mail Host Records Setup"

Add your mail server info there.

Note: in the image, we see a drop down box with 'MX' clearly visible, indicating that *is* the place one would request mail server DNS data.

I could be wrong, however. I have never used a GUI like this.

Cheers.
  • harryhood
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • harryhood

Post 3+ Months Ago

Daemonguy wrote:

I could be wrong, however. I have never used a GUI like this.

Cheers.

Yes, well I use enom for domain managment and the process I mentioned is how I set mail servers.

There certainly may be more than one to do it though.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts