cheap dedicated hosting

• wirercx
  • wirercx

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey again, I was just wondering if there is any really cheap webhosting out there, just to look at.?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• eWebtricity
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Tampa, Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

1and1.com has the cheapest dedicated I've seen anywhere. Their support lacks a bit in the US but if you can handle the server on your own then that's not such an issue.
  • benoitb
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Washington, DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Define cheap and remember where you gain with one you loose with another.
Cheap Customer Service, Cheap Prices, Cheap Bandwith/Relability. You pick.
  • xfahmix
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Cork, Ireland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm also looking for dedicated service in range $70 - $100 per month. I've been researching for quite a while now but still have not found a really good one that suits my requirement. I need a server with unmetered bandwidth with 10MBPs uplink. any suggestions (via past experience) is highly appreciated. :D
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please PM wirercx and xfahmix with your suggestions and offers.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

xfahmix wrote:
I'm also looking for dedicated service in range $70 - $100 per month ... I need a server with unmetered bandwidth with 10MBPs uplink.

Yeah, that ain't happening. I lease several servers, and 10MBit unmetered is a $400/mo ADD-ON (yes, ontop of the $269/mo for the server itself).

$70-100/mo is not going to get you a lot at all. MAYBE a Celeron 1.2Ghz, 512Meg RAM, 80Gig HD, Linux (no cpanel, ensim, plesk, etc) and 500GB-1TB/mo bandwidth (if you're lucky). :)
  • Celadore
  • Born
  • Born
  • Celadore

Post 3+ Months Ago

Axe wrote:
xfahmix wrote:
I'm also looking for dedicated service in range $70 - $100 per month ... I need a server with unmetered bandwidth with 10MBPs uplink.

Yeah, that ain't happening. I lease several servers, and 10MBit unmetered is a $400/mo ADD-ON (yes, ontop of the $269/mo for the server itself).

$70-100/mo is not going to get you a lot at all. MAYBE a Celeron 1.2Ghz, 512Meg RAM, 80Gig HD, Linux (no cpanel, ensim, plesk, etc) and 500GB-1TB/mo bandwidth (if you're lucky). :)

I disagree completely, my host charges GBP 35.99 per month, and I don't have to pay an extra $400 a month! It's a 1.7GHz Celeron, 40GB HDD, no bandwith restrictions.
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

36 bucks/mo for 10MBit unmetered, solely dedicated to your system? And you're the only person on the server? Who's that with?

It's $400/mo just for the 10MBit unmetered connection not the server itself (that's extra). My servers are $259/mo each (Dual Xeon 2Ghz, 1Gig RAM, pair of 73Gig Ultrawide SCSIs with 2TB/mo bandwidth on a 12.5MBit connection, which is more then plenty for me at the moment). A Celery 1.7 with just a 40Gig HD wouldn't be able to keep up with my site needs.

// Edit : As I haven't needed unmetered yet, it's been a few months since I last checked the prices from the company I lease my server from, and their prices are down a bit..

If I want the exact same server I have right now, but within 10MBit unmetered instead of 12.5MBit 2TB/mo, it's $499/mo. So around an extra $140/mo.
  • xfahmix
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

:) Thanks for your feedback Axe & Celadore. I'm just thinking of renting a dedicated server to sponsor my friend site for 24/7 radio casting. If it's more than USD100 it's far too expensive for me...Anyway, what is your web hosting company Caladore?
  • xfahmix
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol...i've seen the same post twice.. :D
  • xfahmix
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

dreamhost sucks big time ... hey guys I really need your recommendation for dedicated hosting. This is urgent as i NEED to switch to dedicated hosting within this week. Please PM me with your recommendations.

My spec is.. less than $250/month with cpanel/whm and 10mps unmetered bandwidth / 3000GB.. Thanks in advance!
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

Once again, please PM wirercx or xfahmix with your suggestions or offers.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts