Coldfusion - Godaddy - CFFile - OMFG!

• GeTSm0keD
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey,

any one experienced in CF and Godaddy configuration?

all I wanna do, is upload files to my server using the CFFile tag.
and it's been a 2 week nightmare!

that or can any one recomend a CF host,
that THEY KNOW will allow me to use the CFFile tag?

thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• VIVIDHOS
  • VIVIDHOS

Post 3+ Months Ago

Cold fusion cannot be used on any of Godaddy.com's servers that i know of. It would be best if you searched for a Cold Fusion host via google. There are a lot of them out there.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not true at all...I am experienced with it. What's up with your acct?
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, guess you've moved on to another server, but here's the low down JIC:

Quote:
How do I use cffile to upload files?
Last Updated: February 19, 2007 8:59 AM

Using the ColdFusion tag "cffile" allows you to create a web page that supports uploading files to your site.

We use security sandboxes for each user to ensure that users cannot upload files outside of their content directory. Also, for security purposes you should always restrict the type of files that can be uploaded to your site by using the "accept" attribute in the "cffile" tag.

For more information about controlling the type of file uploaded, please see Macromedia’s online documentation.

The following example displays an upload form that uses the "cffile" tag to perform the file upload:
<html>
<head>
<title>Upload File with ColdFusion</title>
</head>
<cfif isdefined("form.upload_now")>
<cffile action="upload" filefield="ul_path" destination="D:Hostingusernameupload" accept="image/jpeg, image/gif" nameconflict="makeunique">
The file was successfully uploaded!
</cfif>

<form action="gd_upload.cfm" method="post" name="upload_form" enctype="multipart/form-data" id="upload_form">
<input type="file" name="ul_path" id="ul_path">
<input type="submit" name="upload_now" value="submit">
</form>
</body>
</html>

NOTE: For Linux hosting accounts, uploading files to your root directory is not supported. Also, for the "cffile" to function properly and for maximum security you should set the permissions of your upload folder to 703.
  • subhaze
  • Born
  • Born
  • subhaze
  • Loc: tn

Post 3+ Months Ago

I found that the following quote below does not work for me unless i change the destination path to the following:
"/var/chroot/home/content/u/s/e/username/html/"

this is the path to your root folder, so just a another folder like upload folder or what ever the path is the folder you wish to upload too. i also have my folder set to 703 permission

Quote:
The following example displays an upload form that uses the "cffile" tag to perform the file upload:
<html>
<head>
<title>Upload File with ColdFusion</title>
</head>
<cfif isdefined("form.upload_now")>
<cffile action="upload" filefield="ul_path" destination="D:Hostingusernameupload" accept="image/jpeg, image/gif" nameconflict="makeunique">
The file was successfully uploaded!
</cfif>

<form action="gd_upload.cfm" method="post" name="upload_form" enctype="multipart/form-data" id="upload_form">
<input type="file" name="ul_path" id="ul_path">
<input type="submit" name="upload_now" value="submit">
</form>
</body>
</html>

hope that this helps
  • rembrant2007
  • Born
  • Born
  • rembrant2007

Post 3+ Months Ago

In order to get my coldfusion uploads to work I had to set my folder permissions to 707. For some reason if execute was not set the upload would not error, but no file would get written?
  • FitnessGuru
  • Born
  • Born
  • FitnessGuru

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had the exact same permissions issues with my site even after changing the folder permissions to 777.

I had to call in about the situation and after a day or two, godaddy fixed the issue, but the person I talked to had no clue how to fix the permissions error and everyone that he talked at the Godaddy office didn't know either. Hopefully godaddy will get to the bottom of this one so that we don't have to manually call in everytime to report this issue.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts