Control Panel and Dedicated Servers

• jacob
  • Born
  • Born
  • jacob

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi guys,

Can you please tell me which control panel do you prefer to run on a dedicated/managed servers?

Best Regards
  • kristopher9876
  • Born
  • Born
  • kristopher9876

Post 3+ Months Ago

The first control panel I used was Ensim it was ok and worked but it was very limited. I have managed several cpanel servers over the last few years. I think http://www.webhostautomation.com/webhost-840 is a good solution for smaller webhost determined to grow fast. It’s control panel software automates your hosting business so that it pretty well runs itself.
Good Luck in your search for a good CP!
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Personally, I prefer not having a control panel. I don't do any hosting for other people (hold a few buddies) so I don't need something to automatically create accounts and monitor them. I just pop into the server via SSH and do what I need to do. I don't have to worry about buggy control panels written by overseas programmers then. :)
  • harrysmith
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • harrysmith
  • Loc: Leeds

Post 3+ Months Ago

Truce wrote:
Personally, I prefer not having a control panel. I don't do any hosting for other people (hold a few buddies) so I don't need something to automatically create accounts and monitor them. I just pop into the server via SSH and do what I need to do. I don't have to worry about buggy control panels written by overseas programmers then. :)

For a newbie Control panel are very helpful for managing their server Without getting into complex commands;
cPanel is most popular and is very easy to use.... A vote for cPanel from me.
  • Dave White
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Dave White

Post 3+ Months Ago

jacob wrote:
Hi guys,

Can you please tell me which control panel do you prefer to run on a dedicated/managed servers?

Best Regards

Well it also depends on which OS you choose. For Linux I think, cpanel is the best option. There are other control panels such as Hosting controller, Plesk, Webmin, Direct Admin, Hsphere. Its upto you which you choose. Hope you choose the best :)
  • rllunzmann
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • rllunzmann
  • Loc: Wisconsin

Post 3+ Months Ago

If your new with working in control panels or even new to web hosting, there are a few particular panels that i prefer, one of them being WHM (Web Host Manager) and cPanel.

They are fairly simple to use and perform many functions in a few clicks. There are of course other panels that are decent too.
  • charlesgan
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

jacob wrote:
Hi guys,

Best Regards

:) i only come across whm and cpanel.
so i will vote for this... its already full in features.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts