Could anyone tell me what this means:

• chamindavaas
  • chamindavaas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Server Type: Apache/1.3.37 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/4.4.7 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635.SR1.2 mod_ssl/2.8.28 OpenSSL/0.9.7a
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's an HTTP server signature.

The HTTP server is Apache/1.3.37
The server is running on top of a (Unix) operating system.

PHP/4.4.7 is the Hypertext Pre-processor that Apache is using, it's what takes PHP scripts & interprets them before sending the post-processed HTML to the visitor.

FrontPage/5.0.2.2635.SR1.2 is Microsoft FrontPage support & mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 is an authentication helper for that.

mod_ssl/2.8.28 and OpenSSL/0.9.7a have to do with Secure connections for things like credit card transactions.
  • chamindavaas
  • chamindavaas

Post 3+ Months Ago

If someone is charging me 320 a month for a dedicated server for a one gig site, is that over priced
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

It very well could be overpriced, anyone who knows what they're doing can't say for sure without knowing exactly what's included for that 320 though.
  • DebianSpiral
  • DebianSpiral
  • Loc: East Coast U.S.A

Post 3+ Months Ago

1 gig? Is that how much bandwidth you are using or space you are taking up? Or are you talking GHz? I hope to god you aren't saying that your plan is $320 a month for 1gig of space or bandwidth, i'd never pay that, unless they are saying 0 downtime as thier servers are hooked up to thier heart and if it goes down then they must be dead.
  • wetube
  • Born
  • Born
  • wetube

Post 3+ Months Ago

yea it is over priced I"m with a good company I won't post it here but if you need it pm me and I'll give it to you. I don't work for them just love their service dedicated servers start around 39 bucks a mont.

wetube
//link removed. Please use the signature option in your profile.
  • harrysmith
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • harrysmith
  • Loc: Leeds

Post 3+ Months Ago

chamindavaas wrote:
If someone is charging me 320 a month for a dedicated server for a one gig site, is that over priced

It all depends on what they are providing you, I mean what server, RAM, Diskspace , Bandwidth and whether it is Managed or unmanaged.

We have a fully managed dedicated server for half the price you mentioned :)
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

It also could have other features added into it like a vBulletin board.
  • rllunzmann
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • rllunzmann
  • Loc: Wisconsin

Post 3+ Months Ago

exactly, what are the rest of the physical specs of the server? what hard drives are they using? the size? What type of CPU? how many? what speeds? How much RAM? what kind? What control panel software are you using, any other features that are mentionable?
  • pubdomains.com
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • pubdomains.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

$320 -- or is it 320 in a different currency? I offer 5GB space and 250GB data transfer for shared hosting and premium account goes upto 200GB space but doesn't cross $30 mark.... Someone is really ripping off if amount mentioned is true.

Cheers
GS

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts