Credit cards/countries?

• Boke
  • Student
  • Student
  • Boke
  • Loc: Hiroshima, Japan

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm thinking of starting up a website that would be selling services, I want to have PayPal , Credit Card payment options. But I live in Japan and japanese banks are absurdly stupid when it is dealing with credit cards and I doubt I can get one of them to let me use credit cards so....

My question is : How difficult is it to be able to use creit cards on your site (have customers use credit cards on your site) not paypal

:do I have to have a bank to allow this?

:can I base the company/website in the states (on paper) and run it from japan?

:what about taxes and laws/liabilites ect..?

Thanks for any replies
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• batu544
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • batu544
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Easiest way is to use Paypal intially. When your website grows then you can contact anybank and user can use there credit card in your site.

All the payments will be through the banks gateway. For more details of this you have to contact the particular bank.

Tax is also varies form bank to bank .

Hope this helps...
  • Boke
  • Student
  • Student
  • Boke
  • Loc: Hiroshima, Japan

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks
  • rllunzmann
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • rllunzmann
  • Loc: Wisconsin

Post 3+ Months Ago

[quote="Boke"]I'm thinking of starting up a website that would be selling services, I want to have PayPal , Credit Card payment options. But I live in Japan and japanese banks are absurdly stupid when it is dealing with credit cards and I doubt I can get one of them to let me use credit cards so....

My question is : How difficult is it to be able to use creit cards on your site (have customers use credit cards on your site) not paypal - This is not hard at all, we use 2checkout.com and they manage all aspects of your billing. All online credit processors will track orders using their security/checkflag system.

:do I have to have a bank to allow this? - yes, bank account is required

:can I base the company/website in the states (on paper) and run it from japan? - in a way, yes, for instance, if you host in USA, you would be under US laws regarding site material, etc..

:what about taxes and laws/liabilites ect..? - not sure about this one, haven't been in this situation, try googling your answer on this one.

Thanks for any replies[/quote

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts