Dedicated Server Issue

• Sirius00
  • Sirius00

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

I just got a new dedicated server, and this is my first time useing one, or haveing one for myself. But I dont know where to go for help, I ask my host and they tell me I need to figure it out, or tell me what to do and I have no idea what they are talking about.

So basicly..
My server is a plesk server, and Iv never used plesk before, I always have cpanel. But, so, I managed to get everything working but some php files here and there that just dont load correctly.

For example, if I was install phpbb forums (you know the free ones) and I try to login, the page shows white. This happends to to in random places all over the server. Like this other script I have where it shows how many guests are veiwing a page, it just shows up white.

Does anyone have any idea whats going, on and what I need to do to get the files loading correctly?

I got this server becuase I was getting ddos'ed constatly, and now I have firewall protection so well that no one can even ping the server. :)
But im a nub at running dedicated servers, please help!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Sirius00
  • Sirius00

Post 3+ Months Ago

Also, the mail is not working 100%
I cant use the forums or soemthing else, to send emails, I get an "server not configured" Error.

And Uploading is not working, via forums or something..
  • benoitb
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Washington, DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well for beginners, I personally would recommend a managed dedicated server. So you can get things installed and explained to you as you learn to use the server. I cannot say all "managed" providers do that, but find one that does and you're in luck.

As far as the problem goes, is php installed correctly on that server?
in console run: php -v
  • Sirius00
  • Sirius00

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok, sorry for all the trouble, my host is the worst host ever. NEVER user aplus.net ITS HORRIBLE
  • jnacool
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

If your not happy with your hosts then I would suggest you cancel your contract with them and try to find a better supplier. If Plesk isn't working out for you then try another. I wont recommend any suppliers on here but if you PM me I can point you in the right direction of someone I have used in the past.
  • Sirius00
  • Sirius00

Post 3+ Months Ago

No, thats too much trouble. That company is very bad. They have spelling errors all over their agreements. And they tried to fine me after they fired me as a customer. Anyways, I have a much better host now. :wink:
  • SuperHostUsa.net
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

It looks like you have selected the wrong hosting company. Try to find one that will jump hoops for you. Support is the key to keep loyal customers.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts