DNS Config. - when registrar and hosting provider are differ

• aakash
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello All,

I am new to web hosting world. Recently I have registered a domain. I have register hosting with some other company. Both company have there own control panels and name servers.

I am bit confused here. I don't know how to configure my website to point to right location. As there are different name servers for each company, I have no idea of there use. My friend suggest to change A name record. I have googled a lot but the results are seems to be more techy than I am. I found my self helpless, hence this posting.

Please give you expert comments and help me out.

Thanks and Best Regards
  • CartikaHosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • CartikaHosting
  • Loc: Wishing I was in Kicking Horse

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello aakash,

Please log into your registrar account (place you purchased your domain) and point your nameservers to the host you wish to have your website and associated services resolve to.

Hope this helps..
  • aakash
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

CartikaHosting wrote:
Hello aakash,

Please log into your registrar account (place you purchased your domain) and point your nameservers to the host you wish to have your website and associated services resolve to.

You mean in domain control panel I need to change the nameservers to that of hosting company?

or

There is one more thing called A name(in domain c-panel) record can I point to them to the IP (hosting) of site.
  • CartikaHosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • CartikaHosting
  • Loc: Wishing I was in Kicking Horse

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello - please ignore your hosting control panel and please dont change any of the default settings there..

all you need to do is log into your registrar (and your registrar is the place you bought your domain name from - and if this is a hosting company, they will usually have a separate registrar or domain name control panel) - and point your domain to your new hosts nameservers. that is it, that is all ..

hope this helps...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts