Does anyone have experience with Helder Hosting?

• Shevin
  • Born
  • Born
  • Shevin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I have found this cheap host (in the netherlands) which is offering 1GB diskspace and other than that any extra's like email accounts and script languages you need. They charge 5 euro per month incl. a domain and no setup fee. I don't see a lot of customers of them yet, but that might be because they have just started. I wonder if anyone has got experience with them. As I understand they are connected through large lines. So I wonder if there is a catch?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Uncensored-Hosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

That price is not cheap IMO. Especially considering you are only getting 3GB of transfer per month. 5-5.95 Euro is approximately $6.25-$7.50 USD. We run 1GB specials with 20GB, Multi-Domains, Urchin, and Cpanel for only $7.99/mo. Compartively 1GB/20GB with them would cost you in excess of $20.00/mo USD and yield fewer features. Our regular price on the same plan is only $12.99/mo. Likewise our regular and sale price on 3GB are $19.99/YEAR and $15.00/YEAR respectively.

Note:

This is not an offer of hosting but merely a price comparison regarding what you perceived to be "cheap hosting".
  • jnacool
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree about the fact that what you’re getting there isn't cheap hosting, however I haven't had any experience with the company and so you may be paying for the service and speed? Have another look round and compare what you’re getting for the price you are paying. The fact they include a domain is good but check that the domain is your and not theirs because if you decide to switch hosting companies you may have difficulty keeping your domain name.
  • priyanka-m6.net
  • Student
  • Student
  • priyanka-m6.net
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
I would suggest you to ask people on http://www.webhostingtalk.com about this host.
  • alexanderpas
  • Born
  • Born
  • alexanderpas

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've got some experience with helderhosting and i can say only one thing
it is CHEAP since they've given you (a lot) more bandwith (30GB/month now), The service you are expecting from them, that means phone & 24/7 mail support & an uptime that high i can't even write it here because it's that high you woudn't believe me....
(see the picture, it's the uptime of my site of the last seven days (dynamic!!!) hosted by them)

http://www.webbuddy.nl/images/banners/uptime.png?id=21ce9093&bt=6

BTW: if anyone want's to see the speed of the server, go to my site!
  • CartikaHosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • CartikaHosting
  • Loc: Wishing I was in Kicking Horse

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
This is not an offer of hosting but merely a price comparison regarding what you perceived to be "cheap hosting".

Although I understand what you are saying, please refrain from posting particulars about your offerings - besides, I dont think you really want to be classified as "cheap" hosting anyway :)

regarding helder hosting, they seem pretty new - however, since there really isnt any whois info on them, its difficult to get you much info on them...

alexanderpas, this is an interesting first post - did you just find ozzu today?
  • Uncensored-Hosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

Interesting ... that's one word for it. Especially since this thread is eight [8] months old. BTW we don't offer those specials any longer.

CartikaHosting wrote:
alexanderpas, this is an interesting first post - did you just find ozzu today?
  • CartikaHosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • CartikaHosting
  • Loc: Wishing I was in Kicking Horse

Post 3+ Months Ago

[quote="Uncensored-Hosting"]Interesting ... that's one word for it. Especially since this thread is eight [8] months old. BTW we don't offer those specials any longer.

LOL - yes, that does even make it more interesting...

Sorry UH - didnt notice this thread was sooo old.....
  • jmweb
  • Student
  • Student
  • jmweb
  • Loc: 127.0.0.1

Post 3+ Months Ago

The poster probably googled Helder Hosting and this post came up.

For the record, helderhosting.nl is hosted in the U.K. where as uncensored-hosting.com is hosted in Texas, USA.

U.K bandwidth is much more expensive then U.S. bandwidth therefore it is normal for U.K. hosts to be more expensive then U.S. hosts (same goes for the *Nix/Windows hosting, Windows hosting is more expensive then *Nix).

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts