Domain Administration

• Heidi Wisneski
  • Born
  • Born
  • Heidi Wisneski
  • Loc: Michigan

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a situation...I design and develope a site for a company that has grown in great proportion over the past 2 years. Originally, I registered the companies domain through a re-seller. I know a lot more now than I did back then and wanted to transfer the domain to a new hosting company with better rates.

The re-seller is requesting an outrageous fee to unlock the domain and redirect the DNS. The domain itself is the same as the company name, which is also a registered trademark. She has backed us into a corner and is taking the domain hostage. The company is listed as the owner of the domain and the re-seller is simply the administrator.

She will continue to blackmail us year after year when the domain expires. Is there anything we can do to get control?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Nem
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Nem
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Heidi,

Unfortunately im sure there are other domain registrars out there just like that.

Something you could try is initiate a transfer process on another domain registrar. This indeed will work on the condition that:

1) The administrator email address is set to yours or the companies.
2) The domain is unlocked.

Other than the above suggestion im lost for words.
  • SuperHostUsa.net
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here is an idea for you. If the domain name consist of several words then try adding dashes between them so you will have essentially same letters in your domain. It will take time but their domain name will die out because of lack of traffic and they might come down with the price on it or even releasing it.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts