Domain name / Account Management

• underpressure
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Guyana

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all,
I’m looking for a reliable and honest company to register domain with similar to Go Daddy. The problem with Go Daddy is, they do not take Money Order or wire transfers (I’m in South America with no credit card).

So if anyone knows of a company that charges a low price and can manage several domain names regardless of my hosting company(s) please let me know, I’m grateful for any help.
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.bravenet.com/

Costs $5.00 to get a domain name. Accepts Checks (I'm pretty sure).
  • Carnix
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

GoDaddy can invoice you, and you can pay by check:
[url]
https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/prepayme ... %2B&ci=882[/url]
  • underpressure
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks,

anyone else got a recommendation?
  • underpressure
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Carnix wrote:
GoDaddy can invoice you, and you can pay by check:
[url]
https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/prepayme ... %2B&ci=882[/url]

Paying by check is not the issue here. The Issue here is Payment by Money Order, Wire Transfer, Western Union or Money Gram from outside the United States. GoDaddy takes checks drawn from a US bank and they also take Wire transfers but you have to pre deposit $100.00 and i cannot do that. (it's just for domain names)

the best form of payment is Money order since it only cost $5.00 per transaction. Western Union cost $9.99 and Money Gram cost $12.00 per transaction so i want to avoid those and Wire Transfer cost $15.00.

i'm looking into Bravenet but i would like more options just incase.
  • Uncensored-Hosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Los Angeles

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why not ask your host to do it for you and send them the money. Assuming they are willing to register the domain(s) in your name. We have done this customers in your situation I hope that your host would do the same for you?? Granted they may charge you a premium for their time but hey it's only fair.
  • underpressure
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Uncensored-Hosting wrote:
Why not ask your host to do it for you and send them the money. Assuming they are willing to register the domain(s) in your name. We have done this customers in your situation I hope that your host would do the same for you?? Granted they may charge you a premium for their time but hey it's only fair.

BECAUSE I DO NOT HAVE THAT MUCH TRUST NOR FAITH IN THEM in order FOR ME TO DO SO IT WOULD HAVE TO BE WITH A COMPANY WHO HAS A WELL KNOWN TRACK RECORD
  • Uncensored-Hosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Perhaps a friend or relative with a credit card can do it for you??
  • underpressure
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Perhaps a friend or relative with a credit card can do it for you??

Well sure but I rather not since I’ve used this method before and I rather not burden anyone with this. You see it's not that American Web based companies don't take orders from over seas it's that I haven't found a domain managing company that does.
Most large web companies take money orders as any traditional American business.

It’s the same thing with this free web hosting company called Freeownhost
They offer allot for free hosting but, because I can't upgrade by my methods of payment I’m moving to a regular web hosting company.

So if anyone has a Domain management company in mind please let me know or if any one has an alternative or even advice on how to manage 12 or more Domains please let me know.
And thank you Uncensored-Hosting for your efforts to help me I’m grateful
  • Uncensored-Hosting
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

You're welcome UP. Considering you have 12 domains why not simply pay the $100.00 deposit and move them to Godaddy. Perhaps you can open a PayPal account Godaddy takes that too.
  • underpressure
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

You're welcome UP. Considering you have 12 domains why not simply pay the $100.00 deposit and move them to Godaddy. Perhaps you can open a PayPal account Godaddy takes that too.

well i don't have 12 at the moment but they are slowly begining to pyle up but i still don't want to do business with a company that doesn't take Money Order because, if i require some other service they offer not having this form of payment on hand might lead to stress.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts